Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Which one to keep? >

Which one to keep?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Which one to keep?

Old 01-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which one to keep?

ORIGINAL: oldwun

I would keep the Omega and the Triumph out of the three you listed

Now that is the OLD wun speaking from experience. Chap Gleason
Old 01-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rogue555

For deer hunting and target practice.......I have a T/C Omega and T/C Truimph....wife said to keep only one......which would you keep?
I would keep the one that shoots the best and easiest to handle/clean. I'm not sure how old your Triumph is, but keep in mind that it needs to time to be broken-in. All things I mentioned being equal, I would keep the Triumph.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldwun

I would keep the Omega and the Triumph out of the three you listed

That's a good one! And I agree.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:17 PM

I have had my wife for 51 years. As long as we can afford what I want it is OK to buy it. When we lived in Indiana I used to go to Wyoming the third weekend in October. After the fourth trip I came home to load up and there was anothe 270 and some extra stuff. She got with our friend and he taught her how to shoot and helped her pick out a Rem 700 in the 270 Win. She hunted for years with us. Then I started fly fishing Oh well you can guess what happened next
Old 01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

give one to the wife
Old 01-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

Oldwun,
I don't care who you are that was pretty funny for sure...
Married for 28 yrs, My wife can't keep track of what I gotdown in the basement. I buy, sell, and trade so no big deal either way...
Rouge555,
I saw the triumph @ the shot show in 06 and handled it for a while. I thought the breech felt too fat to carry mid section and I didn't like the fore stockwhere the ram rod is inserted. It seems they were trying to give this modern rifle a trad retro look. I love the breech idea which I think could have been incorperated on the Omega but that tilt up breech is safest for that design.
I just like the plain clean lines of a barrel w/the attached trigger group of the Omega but that is just me. I also like falling breech rifles and don't like the break breeches like the NEF and the Encores. Like I said that is just me. In a pistol w/ a short barrel I like a break breech. The rifles just feel weird to me.
What ever you choose they both are winners and a rifle to be proud of.
LOL, Steve
Old 01-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally wouldn't give in to this demand. Why would you get rid of something which has already been bought and paid for. You cave on this you're done for. Stick a fork in ya and pass the gravy.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would sell both and buy a Knight LRH. That is what I did. And I am very happy I did. Tom.