Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Static

Old 12-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Static

I know the Shuttle/Titan program takes extreme care when working around the SRB segments. Always grounded and you wear static retardent clothes. They basically are large este rocket segments and static charges are a serious concern. In fact a pam motor lit off in a clean room back in the late 70's on the CCASF side of the river. A piece of plastic was used to cover the motor and as it was pulled off a static charge ignited the motor before it was to be spun up for balancing on a satelite. Very ugly events. You have heard of the old hercules which is now allaint, the powder co????
I always heard that that conpression and static charges requires the ignition to take place,but if you ever got rid of old powder a match will lite off very easy..... never tried electicity. How many of you older guysknow any amatuer rocketeers w/ fingers missing....
I won't ever take the chance.
Steve
Old 12-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Static

Tell St. Peter he'll jest hafta wait, ah jest gotta ...

Can't help it boys, jest keep yer distance.

If you see a small mushroom cloud in the direction of southwest Missouri, wish me well.