Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TC Triumph problem? >

TC Triumph problem?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Triumph problem?

Old 12-14-2007, 05:29 PM

Default TC Triumph problem?

I was at the range doing a final tune up before I go hunting this weekend. a gentleman a couple tables down pulled out a brand new TC Triumph, right out of the box. Went to fire a primer off and he couldnt get it to lock. He was using 777 primers. I looked in my tackle box, pulled out some cci, and kleenbore primers out and we tried those. Again, the action would not close and lock. After examination of his breech plug, none of these primers would sit flush enough to allow the action to close.

Anybody with the the new TC have this problem. If so, what kind of primer can you use?

I felt bad for this guy....I thought he was going to shed a tear.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TC Triumph problem?

If the breach plug has been messed with and is not in right they wont lock it is a safty feature.
Coluld he close lock and dry fire it with out a primer in it? Did you check the primer seat to make sure nothing had gotten in it? Lee
Old 12-14-2007, 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

If the breach plug has been messed with and is not in right they wont lock it is a safty feature.
Coluld he close lock and dry fire it with out a primer in it? Did you check the primer seat to make sure nothing had gotten in it? Lee
yes, I was able to shut it and lock without a primer. I took plug out and twisted it back in. Everything looked and felt fine. Those primers just would not seat close enough for the action to shut. Probably a machining issue with the breech plug.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

i've just used the w209 and had no problems.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like that must be it. I tried several different primes in mine the ones made for muzzle loading did not do well the cci was not bad but the regular win 209 for shotshell was excellant, but all fit and worked ok. Lee
Old 12-14-2007, 06:27 PM

Thanks for the information guys. I'll give the guy a call and pass on the information. I imagine its already made its way back to wherever he bought it. I was going to suggest to him to maybe get another breech plug from them.

I'll tell ya what though, thats the first opportunity I have hadto see one up close and personal. One fine looking rifle.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Spike

if the breach plug is not screw in all the way i mean even just a little bit the gun will not lock
Old 07-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

the w209 work fine in mine. i heard that the 777 primers are longer and not fit well in prohunters, similar plug as the trimph.