Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 scope for my kodak >

scope for my kodak

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

scope for my kodak

Old 12-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default scope for my kodak

Well after missing a big doe opening morning of muzz here in TN,I decided that i would go ahead and put a scope onmy kodak.Can anyone reccommend a scope.I don't need nothing fancy,cause i only get to use it one time a year and we are only allowed 1 deer in the part of the state i hunt.So the cheaper the better.Does it have to be a muzzleloader scope or will any rifle scope work?
Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: scope for my kodak

Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn 3-9x40 mm with the 4" eye relief. It has excellent clarity, light gathering ability and are tuff. You can pick them up for around $70.00 and they are really a great scope for the money. I am sure they would do well on your rifle for what you want.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a good recommendation above.
Any good quality rifle scope will work fine, but I'd avoid the cheap ones. I just picked up a 4X fixed power Alpen Optics scope and it seems to be OK, but sighting in was challenging. 10 clicks up might equal 10 clicks up, or it might translate to 4 clicks up + 6 clicks left. [:@]Once I got it sighted in it's staying put, but it isn't the best scope I ever owned. To be fair it was a cheaper model that manufacturer offers and I picked it up for just over $10. on eBay.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

yes the bushnell banner 3x9x40 very good scope for under $100.i have one mounted on my apex i have the circleX recticle and really like it.scope has held up great for 5yrs on 2 guns and taken the pounding with no problem.i use only weaver (steel) rings and bases on my muzzleloader and rifles for a rock solid mount...