Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

heading to MI

Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default heading to MI

tomarow i am heading north with my cva wolf to try and get a big boy on our farm that we havnt hunted in 8 years it should be great
Old 11-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: heading to MI

Well good luck to you. I hope you get a chance at a monster buck.

I went out the other day and put a outhouse blind up in a area where I cut firewood.. I have a Rubber Maid lawn chair in there with a hot seat to warm my you know what. Last night we got snow, so all is nice and white. All I have to do is watch them cross that little area. I might throw a doe decoy out there, only to make them stop and look.

This is on the back side of my property next to a small cedar marsh. When the neighbor moves deer on their property the deer cross my little marsh and come to the edge of the higher ground.

Looking out my blind window, it is 53 yards to the back end of that cut down. My White Ultra Mag is going to wear a 2-7x32mm Nikon Pro Sport sighted dead on at 50 yards. When the deer come up out of the marsh they will cross that little opening I made. I will then see if 70 grains of Triple Se7en 3f and a 450 grain UC Short Mag will penetrate the average White tail.

I've decided no doe this year. Their population has been reduced greatly. So no doe are going to be killed on the property. I will settle for a nice young buck, but basically anything with horns that comes through, when I am cold and had enough of sitting out in the cold would be in real danger...
Old 11-15-2007, 06:10 PM

Great looking little spot cayugad.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowhunter1984

tomarow i am heading north with my cva wolf to try and get a big boy on our farm that we havnt hunted in 8 years it should be great
Best Wishes on your hunt. It is always nice to go back to family and hunt, there should be a couple of nice bucks on that farm if it has not been hunted in 8 years. Chap Gleason
Old 11-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

I guarentee someone else has been hunting it for him. We get a lot of that here in michigan, especially when gun season starts. Some of these people who buy licenses should not be allowed to hunt and surely can't call themselves hunters. Hopefully that is not the case, but I would imagine if his farm land is in an area with deer, there are hunters sneaking on his land, unless someone actively patrols it. I guess I am bitter because I run into that nonsense all the time in southern michigan. If his farm is in the U.P. he probably won't have this problem.