Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Pro- Hunter

Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TC Pro- Hunter

I guess its all in what a person likes, the money don't mean much to us old guys.You can't take it with you anyway. I buy a new TC every year this year it was the Triumph, and I like to shoot a lot and feel I already have gotten my moneys worth. I tried a couple of them low priced ones both had good barrels but cheap steel in the actions broke down in a couple of months. I also work on guns for a long time and got to the point where there are certain brands that occasionally have certain problem and I always hope the guy next to me on the range is not shooting one of them. Lee
Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Judging weight of trigger pull is pretty difficult by feel. We all know when a trigger is light, or heavy, or crisp, of dragging, but it's just a guess when it comes to pounds of pull. If you don't have a trigger pull scale there's an easy way to get an approximate weight. It's a two person job. Connect a gallon jug to your trigger with a loop of string and have someone slowly fill the jug with water until the trigger breaks - then weigh the jug.
Very cool, thanks. You can tell your wife that some think you have moments of sanity, like this!!
Chap Gleason
Old 09-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Judging weight of trigger pull is pretty difficult by feel. We all know when a trigger is light, or heavy, or crisp, of dragging, but it's just a guess when it comes to pounds of pull. If you don't have a trigger pull scale there's an easy way to get an approximate weight. It's a two person job. Connect a gallon jug to your trigger with a loop of string and have someone slowly fill the jug with water until the trigger breaks - then weigh the jug.

My FIL took it a step further... he has a jug that is mark by the pound... with a special one for 2.5, that is where all of his guns are adjusted to.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

OK gander, this is a test (just for the fun of it). You think it's about one and a half pounds. Try my method and see how close your estimate was, and let us know the results.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM

Or under Its extremely sensitive.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't know if I would trust a trigger that light Frontier Gander. I wonder what a T/C Renegade breaks at with the set trigger on?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:19 PM

1 lb 15oz " Deer creek Northwest rifle"

It also depends where you put the string. If the string slides up to far, its going to take more water to make it go off. You need to pay attention to where your finger rests and where most of the trigger weight is pulled on your finger, mark that area and put the string in that general area. That was still a fun, fast and free way to figure out what your trigger pull is.

Cayugad, I used this trigger set up during hunting season and if i were using gloves, i'd deff. go with atleast a 2.5 or 3lb trigger pull VS where i am at now. With no gloves, its safe for me.

Also forgot, Remove your trigger guard so you get a straight backward pull on your trigger. Having the string go over the side of your trigger guard doesnt allow all of the weight to pull the trigger straight back.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Also forgot, Remove your trigger guard so you get a straight backward pull on your trigger. Having the string go over the side of your trigger guard doesnt allow all of the weight to pull the trigger straight back.
Or, you can use a six inch piece of coat hanger wire to make a shallow "A" to hang on the trigger, with the top of the A over the trigger and the bottom of the A's legs turned upto hook the string on.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:00 PM

If'n you had a metal hanger on hand
Old 09-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Always have metal hangers on hand. Give me some coat hangers, crazy glue, duct tape, and a tube of liquid nails and I can fix anything.

Quick Reply: TC Pro- Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.