Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Local Wal-Mart

Old 08-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Local Wal-Mart

Don't feel too bad we pay $36 a lb for 777 up here in Canada.I don't know if you have this policy in the USA but here it's called the scanning code of practice.If an artical has a certain price marked on it and it runs through at the till as something else and it's under $10 it's free ! On the multiple items you would get $10 off the total.Check to see at the tills to see if this is posted sometimes they hide the info chart where it isn't readily visable.You will need to talk to a superviser usually and be firm as they like to play dumb if they can get away with it..................done this many times successfully.......Harold
Old 08-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

I stopped at our Wal Mart last Thursday and theycarry Pyrodex RS and Triple Se7en 2f again. They also had Remington #11 caps [:@], and the new Winchester 777 primers, Kleenbore Primers, projectiles (they even had .490 roundball there) and muzzleloading tools and accessories. Although, have you people noticed the price increase on this stuff or is it just my store? They are not going to carry any weapons though according to a stock person. They also did not have my bulk cleaning patches anymore, so it looks like my sock drawer is going to take a major hit again.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is three Walmarts with in a 6 mile circle 15 miles down the road from me. All three of course dumped their firearm inventory somewhere around Christmas time. My local Walmarts have nothing hardly. They still have the usual shotgun shells and rifle bullets but to tell you the truth I don't remember seeing any ceterfire handgun bullets?? They sure are loaded up on the paintball and air-soft gun stuff............thats fine if your a youngster. My local Walmarts sux bigtime for sporting goods.