Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva bobcat

Old 06-19-2007, 05:58 PM

Default cva bobcat

a fellow owes me some money and is offering me a 50 cal cva bobcat that is nib, it has been assembled but never fired. could someone experienced with these give me a rough estimate of it`s value?? i want to be fair but have absolutly no use for it and need a reasonable estimate ofwhat i could sell it for. might possibly be the only way to collect from him{you know the type??}thanks in advance
Old 06-19-2007, 06:26 PM

Default RE: cva bobcat

brand new from the store.. $100-120. Sometimes you can get them on sale for $75.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Years ago you could get them at Wal Mart for $59.95. I bought one for $39.95 on sale. Now you see them listed between $75-$120.00 but I would never pay that for one. While the rifle is a meat and potatoes rifle, nothing fancy mind you, I do not consider it a value unless you getone cheap. Now I am not saying they are not good shooters because they are. It is just the plastic stock and the stock to barrel fit could be better, but for what most people are paying for them, they are a good value.

Depending on how much your friend owes you, he might be taking you to the mill with that rifle. You could dump it fast for $75.00 as they are getting hard to find, but for someone that wants a simple traditional rifle, that would be a bargin for a NIB.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Ecomomically this makes no sense but I got one for $54 at Wallyworld. Spent three range sessions tuning it with roundball. Had it shooting 3" or better at 75yds and traded it for an underhammer that I sold for $175.

I still feel I got the raw end of the bargan, should have never traded the Bobcat away. Cheap but a really good shooting arm after you get it sighted in.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:17 AM

thanks to all who replied, should anyone need one i listed it on auction arms for a penny with no reserve. hope it brings a little more than that but what the heck.

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=8055231