Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Trigger adjustment in a bottle! >

Trigger adjustment in a bottle!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Trigger adjustment in a bottle!

Old 05-02-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Trigger adjustment in a bottle!

Last week i took the lock apart on my mtn rifle and gave it a couple coats of birchwood casey Molly lube. Fly stopped sticking and really worked well. Just took the scope of my x-150 and figured what the heck, gave the bolt a couple coats, let it dry and then decided to coat the trigger assembly with a few coats. Put the rifle back together and worked the bolt a few times and it slid slicker than silk, tried the trigger, You feel the tightness and then it just breaks smooth and clean. That Molly lube improved the trigger a lot. Now i just have to wait for the BS bullets to come in and give those a try! Amazing what you find when you just give it a try and see.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Trigger adjustment in a bottle!

Thanks for the report GANDER. I'll have to give some molya try.

I did a trigger adjustment in a bottle also. My Lyman Mustang had a real gritty creep. Used a cotton swab to work some LBT fire lapping compound into the mechanism. Worked the trigger about twenty times with the compound in there, then cleaned itout with a good blast of carberator cleaner and oiled it up.It smoothed out very nicely.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using powdered moly in some of my triggers for several years. It does a good job of smoothing them out. What type are you using FG?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:03 AM

Birchwood casey molly lube in a spray can type. I just did another coat last night and shook it up really good before spraying it and it did even better.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Try spraying some conicals my experience with liquid alox and moly really reduces leading becauce of heat tolerance
Old 05-05-2007, 07:23 PM

Just had an idea, You know how the plastic cups on powerbelts always stick hard? Im going through all the powerbelt si have left and giving them a shot of this Moly lubeon the bullet nipple and thin spin the cup a few times and its making them come off a lot easier. Im goin to have to try these out tomorrow if its nice out.