Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 frontier gander and his beans >

frontier gander and his beans

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

frontier gander and his beans

Old 03-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default frontier gander and his beans

Hey FG on your bag of beans do you leave them in the original package or put them in something else? If you do what do you put them in?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:28 PM

Default RE: frontier gander and his beans

I just keep them in theoriginal bag. Although if you wanted to, you could sew up a camo bag to keep them in so everything blends into your surroundings. mines starting to rip from falling over a few times so it would be a good idea to put them into another bag of some sort. Keep them in the original package so it stays in a nice tightly packed seal. Im going to get a couple more bags to have as spares.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

hey whats the worse thing that could happen if you totally rip the bag? You could eat them but that might stink.lol
Old 03-21-2007, 10:40 PM

thats right, After you're done using them, just throw them in the pot and have at it lol. They work pretty good, i want to build a shooting table and get enough bags where i can set my entire rifle ontop of them. I'm going to do more shooting tomorrow and see how they work with my inline. Had to resight the darn thing again today because i did some stock work a week or 2 ago.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

FG,
So is that a 5, 10, 25 or 50 pound bag of beans? What kind of bag are they in?

Some stores around here have beans in bags that are made of a very fiberous white cloth that is plastic coated and very tough, you might look for something like that to help in the strength dept. The larger, 50 pound, bags are often burlap and can rip a bit when over stressed. If all else fails you can always cook em up and eat them.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got some old ratty blue jeans or work/camo pants? Cut pants legs into lengths just right to hold the bean bag with a bit extra to fold over at each end, thenstitch it up (or maybe borrow the hands of someone with a sewing machine to do that part).

Don't want to spill the beans... , beads, etc
Old 03-21-2007, 11:16 PM

5lbs, clear plastic bag. Crap, i forgot mine outside by the firewood. Better go get it before the chipmunks and squirrels get at it
Old 03-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

I just keep them in theoriginal bag. Although if you wanted to, you could sew up a camo bag to keep them in so everything blends into your surroundings. mines starting to rip from falling over a few times so it would be a good idea to put them into another bag of some sort. Keep them in the original package so it stays in a nice tightly packed seal. Im going to get a couple more bags to have as spares.
Innovation, that is practical. That is why I like this forum.
Chap Gleason