Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

White rifles

Old 03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default White rifles

Are they still in production? If a man found one what would be the model to get for a little off season shooting and to hunt white tails with. I see they come in 451 or 504. I am guessing that these are 50 cal and 54 cal? I have been to there web site and they look like nice guns.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: White rifles

Tenmilephenom

If you can find them they are one the best ML you can buy... mechanically and accuracy...

.451 - 45 cal
.504 - 50 cal

Try this site...

http://www.whitemuzzleloading.com/

I can not tell you how to get ahold of Doc right now as his e-mail was on the whiterifles server which is gone as the company closed. Doc usually has a few rifles around the shop hw will sell.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

I know where there is a Whitetail .504 that can be had for about $275. If interested email me [email protected].
Old 03-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tenmilephenom

Are they still in production? If a man found one what would be the model to get for a little off season shooting and to hunt white tails with. I see they come in 451 or 504. I am guessing that these are 50 cal and 54 cal? I have been to there web site and they look like nice guns.
As mentioned by saotloader the .451 is a .45 cal.and he .504 is a .50 cal. but they use slightly oversize conical bullets which are a little more difficult to find but available.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Tenmilephenom

If you can find them they are one the best ML you can buy... mechanically and accuracy...

.451 - 45 cal
.504 - 50 cal

Try this site...

http://www.whitemuzzleloading.com/

I can not tell you how to get ahold of Doc right now as his e-mail was on the whiterifles server which is gone as the company closed. Doc usually has a few rifles around the shop hw will sell.

Sabotloader: Where are you getting the information that the White Rifle Company has closed? I just talked with a representative today that says it is not closed. I know they are not very active in production at this time but according to him they have not closed the doors. I dialed the following number 1-877-684-4867 and got someone. As of a couple of weeks ago they also told me that they had a few 91's left at $350. I am not sure that still holds but it is worth a call if someone wants one. I bought some bullets at the time I talked with them about the 91's and they really look like nice bullets. Have not had a chance to shoot them yet. I keep hoping that the company can survive as the rifles are definately very special.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Super 91 -II, Super 91, Model 97 Whitetail, Model 98, even the G series. All of them are excellent rifles. There is some difference between each of them but normally they are all good shooters. There are also White shotguns, and the Lightening... , The Bison, The Whitetail which are the G series with only 1 locking lug instead of two like the other models.

There are the 22" barrel models and then you can get them with longer barrels like the Ultra Mag which is a Model 97 that I shoot....

Great rifles.

and there are some 91's for $350.00
Old 03-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

MLKeith

It is pretty common knowledge that White Rifles is done. There might still be some activity but scraping the bone. Two weeks ago the server was down, couldn't be found- but todayit is online. I beleive it is pretty much hit and miss.

The last time I talked toDoc I do not think he was very happy with the companyend. There is no production now and parts are becoming very difficult to get as there is a very limited supply. Over on DWB's a bunch of private people are trying to put together an order for triggers - there is just none to be had. Doc himself might have the biggest supply of random parts at his house. Stocks are unavailable. For all intents and purposes White Rifles is out of business... Doc him self I beleive is the eternal optimist he still beleives and I would be the first person to hope he is right. I woud almost be that doc has more rifles at his than White Rifles does at ther end.

Check with Tom Lodge, Sunrise Archery- Keaau, Hawaii - he can give you the straight picture or PM Underclocked he is very close to the situation.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Who made the barrels for the White's? They do, from all testimony and targets I've seen, appear to be some tack drivin' machines.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

yeoman

Clerke and Wilson
Old 03-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Dominant Buck

What I like about the White Rifles is they are conical masters. Granted mine likes one powder over another but you can shoot these big conicals and do not have to swab the bore. They load with two fingers is all, no short starter needed. When you run the ballistics on the big conicals their energy will really impress you.

Quick Reply: White rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.