Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 t/c triumph  range test >

t/c triumph range test

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

t/c triumph range test

Old 02-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Spike

Default t/c triumph range test

http://www.chuckhawks.com/thompson-center_triumph.htm
Old 02-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: t/c triumph range test

This is an interesting rifle. As some might remember, when Omega owners were asked what they disliked about the rifle, it was the trigger guard too small, and they were excited over the new breech plug system out on the market. It kind of looks like Thompson Center was just making a new and maybe improved versionof a great old rifle.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

cayugad,It sounds that way to me too;I only hope it shoots as good. I will most likely end up trying one out to find out. I notice that nothing has been said about the way that they shootor in comparison to the Omega on recoil. I sure hope they made the stock solid. Lee
Old 02-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

They did comment that the recoil pad was a Limbsaver (although a very thin one??). I put one on my Omega and the difference from the stock one was almost unbelievable. I have since put Limbsavers on almost all my heavy recoiling rifles. I am a little recoil sensitive due to a broken neck and shoulder seperation. I limit my recoil to 30-06 in a seven pound rifle. I do not shoot 7MM mag or such.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder why they compare it to the Omega!! It seems it is more like the Encore with the break open action. I still love my Omega and let me tell you it is going to take TC a lot of work to ever top it. Hefe in Mass we (for some stupid reason) can't use a break open action during the muzzle loader season. So thank god for the Omega. Out of all the guns I own rifles shotguns and muzzleloaders it is my number one shooter.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:14 PM

I still can't afford it. I'll stick with the Omega.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

I still can't afford it. I'll stick with the Omega.
What's the price going to be?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:26 PM

This ML will be out shortly and we will read a LOT of messages here on this forum. From what I had read the price diff isn't much between it and the Omega when u compare Ml to ML. It would take a lot to get me to give up my Omegae for it. TC did a good job convincing us that the Omega and Pro Hunter were superior to the "Disc" ML. I bought into it but to be honest it doesn't take all that long to clean the Knight ML. I see nothing that proves to me it is superior to my BK 92. In fact the fit and finish on my Knights is far better than my Omega. The Knight shoot just as well and with some bullets it shoots better. So I won't buy into all the hoopla about the Triump or whatever it is. Heck I still drive my 40 ford truck a couple of days a week.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Heres another thread on the same gun:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1931577

There are prices listed somewhere in there.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to disagree w/a number of points made in that article. I have handled both rifes but only shot the Omega.
First off the two rifles are total different mind sets. From a traditional sense an Omega even though a inline has it design roots from before the civil war. Stogeygovt officalsjust did not see the inovation. Though the breech block was never adopted it was presented and would have been a huge advancement. I like the fact that the trigger group is bolted on. Thisallows for a rifle that can be customized in many ways. The comparison of the syn. stock to a laminated is no comparison. The syn stock on the Omega is a little slippery but the New T stock has the Hawken style forgrip where the ramrod meets with the slot on each side for your fingers. I don't think the forend matches w/the monto carlo stock as well as a plain stock. The reciever is heavy to me and much thicker than you might think. Just very noticable not bad. The break action is interesting because of the inovative finger removeable breech plug butI like scope mounts on non break barrels.INEVER felt the trigger guardof the O was a knuckle buster and I have plently of room w/gloves. In fact you can lock up w/o a click. The trigger guard on the T sticks out pretty darn far but not ugly.
I personally happen to love the classic clean lines of the Omega but I do have one major beef w/a recent design change. That has to do w/the rear of the barrel where the breech block seals. In fact is isn't a closed breech anymore like the rifles of mid 2006 yr. Here is a pic!

My first shots allowed a puff of blow back from the primer to hit my scope. Not good. This is what you might expect from the K. as that does happen.
Overall I do the think the big T is an awesome rifle but I just happen to like the big O better. Just MHO.
SHills