Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Should I Leave?

Old 01-29-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Should I Leave?

Would you guys prefer ifI left these forums? I knowI am not extremely experienced in the sport and this bothers some of you. Should I not give advice any longer? If you guys feel that you no longer desire my comapny on here, I will certainly leave. I have better things to do than come on here. It really does take too much of my time.

I do love all of the free advice on here and enjoy giving it. I don't want to be just a nuisance to avoid though.

You guys call it. I would rather it be your choice. Or, if you could tell me how I can improve on my posts and advice giving, that would be helpful.I may be a bit too hotheaded to come here. Several topics have been deleted because of me.

I have no hard feelings with any of you.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:47 PM

Default RE: Should I Leave?

I dont want you to leave, who's feathers would i ruffle if you left?
But stay here and dont leave.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Never doubt yourself like this again. Stand strong in your convictions and continue to do and say what you believe in. I have always been rather impressed with your posts considering your age. This is just as much your forum as it is anyone else's.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

Would you guys prefer ifI left these forums? I knowI am not extremely experienced in the sport and this bothers some of you. Should I not give advice any longer? If you guys feel that you no longer desire my comapny on here, I will certainly leave. I have better things to do than come on here. It really does take too much of my time.

I do love all of the free advice on here and enjoy giving it. I don't want to be just a nuisance to avoid though.

You guys call it. I would rather it be your choice. Or, if you could tell me how I can improve on my posts and advice giving, that would be helpful.I may be a bit too hotheaded to come here. Several topics have been deleted because of me.

I have no hard feelings with any of you.
Outdoorslover,
In the Scriptue is says to "do not let others put you down for your youth" (I am paraphrasing, Paul said this to his young friend Timothy). Now I am not saying that ML is the teaching and preaching about God, but an important principle from this scriptue is eveyone has value, including youth. So youthful leadership and passion is a good thing, you bring that to the forum, and that is fine. Most don't know that your 15 and have 3 years of experience, but you certainly are not afraid to speak your mind and I am sure your gaining wisdom from all the older fellows on the forum. So please stay, everyone should have a voice, this isAmerica, where all men are created equal,not the Experts only forum for ML. I only have 7 years of ML experience but 40 years of hunting experience, but I feel that is enough to allow me a voice.Take the rebukein stride and grow from it (I assume there was rebuke or you would not be saying this). Chap Gleason Va
Old 01-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of course you shouldn't leave and yes you have experience to share. I've certainly learned what loads shoot well in your Omega, and while I don't yet own one, many others do. So you haveimportant experiences to share.I don't think anyone wants youto leave. So stick around!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Spike

You're just 15??? Had me fooled. Heck no, don't leave. Just think of the experience you'll have and the posts you'll be making30 or 40 yearsfrom now when you're our age. It'll put the rest of us to shame for what we're posting now.

gurus are made, not born.
Bob
Old 01-29-2007, 09:53 PM

Thanks for the encouragement guys!!! That's all that I needed to hear. I don't doubt myself, I just felt like others doubted me. I love coming on here and just wanna feel like I'm welcome. I'm happy to be here.

I do hope I've helped people, as I know you have helped me.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: short_start

gurus are made, not born.
Bob
Amen. He will be a gun writer and/or a shooting editor in 20 years!
Chap Gleason Va
Old 01-30-2007, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

Thanks for the encouragement guys!!! That's all that I needed to hear. I don't doubt myself, I just felt like others doubted me. I love coming on here and just wanna feel like I'm welcome. I'm happy to be here.

I do hope I've helped people, as I know you have helped me.
This is the scripture I was paraphrasing:

http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=1%20Timothy+4:12 &version=9

You will see that Timothy was feeling as you are --discouraged, so Paul the elder gave him some encouragement, just as you have received from several on here.
Best Wishes, Chap Gleason Va

Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

im not sure what this is all about...but i came here when i was...who knows how old. maybe 14 max. i didnt know much of anything. i knew how to type. im sure i drove guys on ALL these forums bonkers. from this forum i credit these guys with helping me learn to shoot a flintlock and also learning to be an archer as well. as well as fly fishing. plus all the other things i got help with etc. im now turning 20. i now find myself able to give good solid advice. still ask questions etc but they are more meaningful in nature...but we all gotta learn and start somewhere. i grew up hunting and in the woods...but dad quit bow hunting, never fly fished and never fired a flintlock rifle. theres no reason for you to leave as far as i see it. learn the forum rules and follow them and your posts wont get deleted and edited. good luck...its your choice in the end..

Quick Reply: Should I Leave?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.