Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What is the best/cheapest ML scope out there??? >

What is the best/cheapest ML scope out there???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is the best/cheapest ML scope out there???

Old 01-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What is the best/cheapest ML scope out there???

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

I bought a real nice BSA scope at Sportsman's Guide for $30 and I like it a lot. I think it's worth more than I paid. Look into BSA's line.
While I hear alot of bad things about BSA scopes on the net...but alot of local M/Ler's say lots of good things about them. Particularly their durability. I have never owned one, just passing what I have heard.

I use a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 and love it.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Banneris decent, I have one on a 22lr but it has seen action on a Mler as well. Heard lots lately about the nikon prostaff as well, though never tried one.

I agree with the Elite, I have owned a number and they have been excellent.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cayugad

A cheap but excellent scope is a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn. You can get them in 1.5-4.5x32mm or go with the 3-9x40mm. You will find them clear, an excellent paralex, and light gathering ability.
This is the only scope I have purchased and dont think I will ever buy another. I bought it at bass pro for $100. This scope works very well way into the shooting hours when it is almost dark.

When I buy my Triumph or Encore this year I will get another Buchnell Banner 3-9 X 40 and put the Gorilla grips see thru bases on it so I can look through my open sights also. I didnt know that these existed until recently for some reason and have never liked shooting deer close up through the scope.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: andrewjoseph

ORIGINAL: cayugad

A cheap but excellent scope is a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn. You can get them in 1.5-4.5x32mm or go with the 3-9x40mm. You will find them clear, an excellent paralex, and light gathering ability.
This is the only scope I have purchased and dont think I will ever buy another. I bought it at bass pro for $100. This scope works very well way into the shooting hours when it is almost dark.

When I buy my Triumph or Encore this year I will get another Buchnell Banner 3-9 X 40 and put the Gorilla grips see thru bases on it so I can look through my open sights also. I didnt know that these existed until recently for some reason and have never liked shooting deer close up through the scope.
Andrew, I would suggestre-thinking thesee thru ring. Reasons being it causes you to mount the scope extremely high and it will pull your cheek off the comb which can effect shooting technique. Alsomost see thrus are alum. construction which are weak and known for shifting POI. I wouldn't use alum. ring on anything larger then a rimfire. personally, go with steel.

I had weaver see thrus on a 7600 years ago and it was a nightmare.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

that funny because on my 7600 the see through rings work out great. the butt stock on that model (at least on mine) kinda splits the difference nicely. the comb is high to begin with compared to most stocks.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

that funny because on my 7600 the see through rings work out great. the butt stock on that model (at least on mine) kinda splits the difference nicely. the comb is high to begin with compared to most stocks.
liquid,sorry the nightmare was holding zero.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:23 AM
Spike

i have an encore with see thru rings with a 3x9x40 and you dont have much room to see ur open sights under the scope im changing mine to a3x9x32 or a 2x7x32 to be able to see better unless your rings are higher than mine