HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is the best/cheapest ML scope out there???
Old 01-27-2007, 11:50 AM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is the best/cheapest ML scope out there???

ORIGINAL: andrewjoseph

ORIGINAL: cayugad

A cheap but excellent scope is a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn. You can get them in 1.5-4.5x32mm or go with the 3-9x40mm. You will find them clear, an excellent paralex, and light gathering ability.
This is the only scope I have purchased and dont think I will ever buy another. I bought it at bass pro for $100. This scope works very well way into the shooting hours when it is almost dark.

When I buy my Triumph or Encore this year I will get another Buchnell Banner 3-9 X 40 and put the Gorilla grips see thru bases on it so I can look through my open sights also. I didnt know that these existed until recently for some reason and have never liked shooting deer close up through the scope.
Andrew, I would suggestre-thinking thesee thru ring. Reasons being it causes you to mount the scope extremely high and it will pull your cheek off the comb which can effect shooting technique. Alsomost see thrus are alum. construction which are weak and known for shifting POI. I wouldn't use alum. ring on anything larger then a rimfire. personally, go with steel.

I had weaver see thrus on a 7600 years ago and it was a nightmare.