Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 I found my sweet load >

I found my sweet load

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I found my sweet load

Old 01-25-2007, 04:06 PM

Default I found my sweet load

I did a lot of testing and shooting today with the Omega. I found that the absolute best load for the gun is those 300's with 110 grains Pyrodex. I can shoot a 3.5 inch or better group every time with it. I tried all sorts of powder grains and don't think I'll find a better one. I might find a little more accurate bullet though.

I'm satisfied with my performance and the guns so I probably won't be wasting any more money on bullets or powder for a while. I tested the 110 grains and the 300 on deerlast yearand was more than satisfied so I think I'll use it this year out of the new gun.

What is the most accurate load you can find for your Omega's?

Cayugad, I know you have a Black Diamond. What's your best load in her?
Old 01-25-2007, 04:12 PM

Default RE: I found my sweet load

My Omega shoots real well with the 250 Shockwave ahead of 130 gr. of Pyrodex pellets. It also likes the 200 gr. Shockwave and 110 gr. of T7. Will shoot right at 2" consistently with either of these loads. My Black Diamonds seem to have the same barrel and like similar loads.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:17 PM

outdoors, have you tried running a dollar bill between the stock and barrel? If it doesnt work, let me know and i can make some of those brass sheet shims i did for my winchester and cut to size and have you put them under your barrel lugs and see if it will float. I think i gained big accuracy from doing this with my rifle. But let me know, i got a bunch of it in my toolbox and if you get me some measurements i can cut some out and send them to you.

Jon
Old 01-25-2007, 04:39 PM

I would be interested to see if the shims help with the Omega. Mine shoots pretty good but if makes it even more accurate I would be willing to try them.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Cayugad, I know you have a Black Diamond. What's your best load in her?
In my Black Diamond I shoot 110 grains of powder and a 250 Shockwave or a 375 gr Bufflo Bullet SSB if I want to hurt something.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:42 PM

Oldwun, if you can take your stock off and measure what the dimentions are in the lug area, ican cut you out some and send them off to you free of charge. I think i can afford the 39cent stamp .

Same for you outdoorslover.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:42 PM

I would be interested to know as well. I think I'll pass though. Thanks for offering. I prefer to leave it as it is.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Frontier Gander

I will try and get the measurements tomorrow and pass them on to u.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Spike

Default RE: Frontier Gander

Yesterday I found out that brass measurement powder held-hand that is not accurate . I threw same amount of powder to see comparsion at my father's Redding weigh scale that it turned out 85.7 grain . I thought I shot well 1 to 2 inches group at 100 yard with 110 fff and 250 sw but I actually shot with 85.7 grain !! Im gonna to order redding weight scale and dont trust brass hand held measurementanymore i have to go back to range test sometime soon and start all over again .
Old 01-25-2007, 04:55 PM

Default RE: Frontier Gander

By the way guys.I was shooting 100 yards.I forgot to mention that. It was funny because at 50 yards I couldn't shoot any better. I was shooting 100 grains there though. I think it made a difference.

Quick Reply: I found my sweet load

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.