Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 ML scopes VS. rifle scopes? >

ML scopes VS. rifle scopes?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

ML scopes VS. rifle scopes?

Old 01-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ML scopes VS. rifle scopes?

My understanding is that BP and shotgun scopes were set up a bit differently so that they could take the larger jolts from their firing andnot changing claibration.

Is this not true at all?

I don't know that much about scopes but that is what twopeople at Bass Pro told me three weeks ago.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:25 PM

Anybody have an opinion of the 3x9x40 burris fullfield II? I can pick one up at a great deal.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

oldrookie

Pesronally I think they are a real good mid-range scope... Does it have the ballistic reticle?

Here is a comparison for you..

http://www.scopesnmore.com/riflescopes4less/burris_fullfield_ii_rifle_scopes.htm

Althought I think you can buy them direct off E-Bay right now for $160 buy it now...
Old 01-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have 13 scopes, I have had many others, mainly they are all of the brands mentioned + Nikon,Swift and Tasco.
On some of them you pay a lot for the name, I think the most commen mistake is too much power and the parallex set to close. As far as brands go they all seem to be getting closer and closer the Swift and the Bushnell are the best dollar for value. While there are some better the differance in price is much bigger than the differance in value. I find a 1,75 X 4 Bushnell fills my needs quite well for my Omega although if I was to go shopping for that gun again I would look at some Swift models I am very impressed with my new Swift.
With the capability of going down to 2 or less power and having a large front optic you have good twilight capabilities and with 4 power you can shoot 1 hole groups @ 100yds on the range what else do you need. Lee
Old 01-13-2007, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

oldrookie

Pesronally I think they are a real good mid-range scope... Does it have the ballistic reticle?

Here is a comparison for you..

http://www.scopesnmore.com/riflescopes4less/burris_fullfield_ii_rifle_scopes.htm

Althought I think you can buy them direct off E-Bay right now for $160 buy it now...
After looking at the ballistics rectical, I am not sure if I need it. I am here in Indiana and can't invision taking a shot much over 100 yards. I had decided on a bushnell banner until I found out I can buy the same scope for same money.