Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Omega Update. Success at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frontier gander, is not the only one I know of who prefers the Apex. The Apex is one of the better quality imports and it will fit some people better. Quality control is never perfect you can get a good or bad gun in any brand including TC; its just that those of us who the TC's fit have concluded that their percentages are much better. Lee
Old 01-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

frontier gander, is not the only one I know of who prefers the Apex. The Apex is one of the better quality imports and it will fit some people better. Quality control is never perfect you can get a good or bad gun in any brand including TC; its just that those of us who the TC's fit have concluded that their percentages are much better. Lee
Lee, I just couldn't argue against that. If things had worked out the way I had planned, I'd be the proud owner of a blued Z5 and a SS Apex. It the the ole "you snoozes, you loozes" story. I waited too long and they sold out. Part of me is happy to have two stainless rifles, I love the way the clean up and store. Next year I'll have more Cabela's points and if I am unhappy with either the Apex or Kodiak Pro, Imay be upgrading to a SS Omega.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:06 PM

I respect everyone's choices on guns. I just have my own. I am a TC man until further notice and hope it is alright with everyone. I have nothing against people who own CVA's or people who drive Ford, they're just not thebrands I trust.

Frontier Gander, I will say it right now. You need more trust issues. Why wouldn't I wanna sell you the Apex for that money? Here's why------------

#1. I don't sell stuff on the internet--never have and I don't wanna figure it out.
#2.I wouldn't give out my address to any stranger(someone I haven't met in person)
#3. You DIDN'T offer me a better price. I paid 215 dollars for it with shipping. If I remember correctly, you offered 210 for it. This doesn't sound extremely pleasing to me when I can drive a little while and bring it right back to the store--no waiting or any other hindrances.

I would give you a good deal if it was convenient. It's not and I don't have to when you should've jumped at the internet deal. It's not my problem. I don't just hate you and wanna be a jerk.I played the cards and just figured I wouldn't sell the gun when I could return it. That's that and I would appreciate it if you would stop bothering me.

One more thing Frontier Gander. Why the hell would Isell something on the net? I'm 15.Maybe you didn't know that.

Don't you think I work my butt off as well to earn my guns, hunting gear, and all the other stuff I buy? I worked all summer andpast baling hay and doing farm work. I work as well for my stuff as any of you. Don't you think I'd get what was best for my well earned money?

How on earth can I get you to believe that I bought those guns? Do you want me to post apic of the Omega on here?I sure will if it would convince you. Then again, I don't really care if you believe me or not. I'd just like to be trusted.

I'm not bashing any muzzleloader. If you really feel like a second class citizen because of a 15 year olds assessment of hisOmega compared to his old Apex then it's your problem. I don't feel like a second class citizen when you praise your Apex over the Omega. It's all good with me. I just say what my experiences tell. Go ahead and share any of yours and I will be glad to read and share with anyone. Good shooting to all!

One more thing--I believ the Omega is at least as well sealed as the Apex if not better because it locks tighter.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

One more thing Frontier Gander. Why the hell would Isell something on the net? I'm 15.Maybe you didn't know that.

Don't you think I work my butt off as well to earn my guns, hunting gear, and all the other stuff I buy? I worked all summer andpast baling hay and doing farm work. I work as well for my stuff as any of you. Don't you think I'd get what was best for my well earned money?
Well I figured you were new to muzzleloading but didn't realize you were that young. Hey I think its great that youhave such an interest in muzzleloading, and they you work hard in order to pursue it. But hey, don't give frontier gander a hard time for things I said. I was only making the point that what seems a nonchalant remark aboutthisor that rifleis interpreted by another as a put down. I agree, we should all enjoy our muzzleloaders and I hope you continue to have a great time with your Omega. Best of luck with it.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:22 PM

Well if i would have known you paid $215 with shipping i gladly would have paid that to you. But whats done is done. When i was your age i was like you, had a hard time listening to others and such. Ive done so much dealing over the net it comes naturally and i try to snag a deal when i see them coming. You dont have to prove you own any gun to me or anyone else. But since you asked, I think we all would enjoy to see a new rifle. Its our nature lol. As for working your butt off i'd like to give you a tip that will ease some work and stuff your pockets with money.
If possible, you can find a 1970-72 buick skylark for any where from Free to $500-600 And its in good shape, fenders,doors, package shelf, BUY IT! i paid $50 for one and i've made over $5000 so far and still selling parts off it. If you do so, go to www.v8buick.com Join up, and start listing parts for sale. These guys will pay up the butt for parts that are in good shape. Old cars are one of the best things to invest in if you can get them cheap. Just keep that in mind when you get a hole of some money and want to triple it or more. Im not praising the apex, i just simply would have liked to have bought it from you. Next time, try keepin your 6shooters in their holsters. I sometimes like to rattle chains with no anger or bad feelings intended. Good luck, enjoy the new rifle, bag a few big ones but most importantly, Make memories to remember.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:41 PM

No hard feelings. I understand. Thanks.

Good hunting! I gotta get to bed soI can go squirrel hunting in the morning.