Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Savage ML

Old 01-01-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Savage ML

looking into getting a ML and was wondering if any of u own a Savage ML. If so how do u like it. I would like to get a bolt action and if there are any other ideas i would like to hear them. thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Savage ML

As for the Savage, I don't own one but have no doubt they are excellent shooters. Just make sure the rifle you pick meets your state laws and any other states where you might consider using the rifle.

Some other excellent bolt action style rifles are the Knight Long Range Hunter, Knight Master Hunter Extreme and KnightExtreme.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Savage and it is a great gun with smokeless,I tried T7 in it and it is not so good.
With smokeless no other production gun shoots faster, farther or flatter.
Its avery good rifle.
Redclub
Old 01-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well built ML, shoots good and self adjustable trigger (Accutrigger). If you can use smokeless powder its a no brainer. If not then I personally would buy a TC omega or Encore. WhileI have found mine to shootgood with T7 FFFG loose the need to attend to the breech area makes the design of the 10II on the outside looking in when compared to other sub shooters IMHO. It really is built to be a smokeless ML, even though you can use other propellants.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Yimmy83,
I have two close friends who hunt together all the time and they went w/ the Savage when it first came out. Their model is w/ the module. Both guys shoot 6" plates @ 265 yrds plus. Last yr kneeling he shot a deer @ 175 yrds in a field as the deer stopped w/ a whistle. They love the smokeless powder and use the same Barnes bullets that came w/ the rifle.
Never a lick of trouble and very accurate.
For those who want a front stuffer w/o the cleaning and true flat shooting magnum ranges it hard to beat.
SHills