Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Leupold VX-III On A Omega >

Leupold VX-III On A Omega

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Leupold VX-III On A Omega

Old 12-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Leupold VX-III On A Omega

I will be picking up my new T/C Omega next week I got the camo laminate thumbhole stock with the stainless barrel. Sitting in my closet I have a Leupold VX-III in 3.5-10x50 (silver) with the plex crosshairs, I'm not using it, so instead of spending $300 on a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 I thought why not save the money and put the VX-III on the Omega. I know it is a lot of scope for a .50 cal smokepole, but what do you guys think?

Thank you in advance
Old 12-16-2006, 08:04 AM

Default RE: Leupold VX-III On A Omega

Yes it is a lot of scope and will add some weight to the rifle. If you don't mind that I am a firm
believer in "you can't shoot what you can't see".
Old 12-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

BOWHUNTERCOP

If'n you got it use it.... You might want to protect the bottom side of the scope right up under the primer block from blow back unless you have switched to the 25 acp system....
Old 12-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

As long as higher mounts don't cause you to pull off your cheek weld I'd use it. My Ml's have worn some pretty good scopes over the years. Currently I have 2 Zeiss Conquests mounted on top of 2 of my smokepoles. Like you I got them and seeing I use my MLs a lot to hunt with why not put something good that I already have on top instead of buying yet another scope.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats one heck of a scope. i have one on my 338 win mag model 70. nothing wrong with overkill. you can always add a cheek piece if the scope rides too high. i hated the look of the big goofy bell at first but it sure does gather light. make sure you have the flip caps for it. i tripped on a rock once and the gun went flying and landed on the scope. the caps protected it from damage. i also cover all my scopes with a cover like this. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ooth&noImage=0