and i hve never heard of a coast to coast has any one else? and if so is it any good?" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 coast to coast black powder????? >

coast to coast black powder?????

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

coast to coast black powder?????

Old 12-15-2006, 03:31 AM

Default coast to coast black powder?????

hey new member here,
I just bought a black powder off my brother in law for the price of his hunting license, and i hve never heard of a coast to coast has any one else? and if so is it any good?
Old 12-15-2006, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: coast to coast black powder?????

I've never heard of it but welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone somewhere has heard of them.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:16 AM
Spike

Probably a CVA or something similar private labeled for Coast to Coast Hardware stores. I have a Coast to Coast shotgun - a Mossberg 500 with the Coast to Coast logo on it
Old 12-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

It's probably a BPI product, but a picture would help or a description of the action. Then again there were a lot of rifles put out years ago under many names. Some of them were good, others were down right junk. Does this look like a new model rifle?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never heard of it. There are letters and number on the jug somewhere that we may be able to trace to it's original birth. I would be interested to find out how old that stuff is.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:14 AM

it doesnt seem to old it reminds me of a newer model b.p. 50 cal.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

On the rifle, does it give a city or country where it was made? This will usually be stamped in to the barrel. If it has the words Spain it is probably a BPI rifle. Its a shame you can't post a picture of it. Then these people would pick that thing off right now...

Is this an inline rifle? Or does it have a hammer on the side of it? How long a barrel? Does it give a twist rate on the barrel? fiber optic sights? what ignition system does it take?
Old 12-16-2006, 10:55 PM

tell ya the truth i'm new to the black powder side of hunting. I've always been interested but just now got a rifle to start with. I will try to get a picture of it on in the next couple of days. right now I'm still tryin to figure out all i need to know about shooting it to. when you say inline i have to assume that is like a bolt action and it is. i am not near it right now but will try to get more info and a pic. soon