Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Need some info on encore and T7 loads and 150 of P pellets >

Need some info on encore and T7 loads and 150 of P pellets

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need some info on encore and T7 loads and 150 of P pellets

Old 10-20-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Need some info on encore and T7 loads and 150 of P pellets

Tthis last weekend I was finally able to do some shootin. I started with 200 grain shockwaves and 110 grains of T7 ff. I was shooting sub 1" groups when I did my part. I actually shot several around 1" and under so I am confident with that load. I saw down on another post a guy said he was shoot the 3F T7. What would be the differnece in mv of the two? What would the mv be if I jumped up the charge of T7? And last but not least what about a 150 chanrge of Pyrodex pellets? What would be the mv of it. By the was was using the new T7 primers and they do work pretty good. The crud ring was still there but alot softer.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Need some info on encore and T7 loads and 150 of P pellets

Welcome to the forum.. its good to have you here.

As to the velocities of the loads you mentioned, I have no idea. From the kind of powder charge your shooting, if your deer hunting, you would be good to go for at least 150 yards or more with practice. Especially since it is shooting sub 1" groups already.

I am starting to think that people really curious about velocites need to get a chronograph. I think that will be my next purchase. Or of course there are many members on this forum that are kind enough to report their testing with chronographs. Some of them are real impressive.

good shooting there.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need some info on encore and T7 loads and 150 of P pellets

Interestingly enough if you read the load data on the jugs of Triple Se7en powder you will find the pressures and velosities between the 3F and 2F to be almost identical. The 3F will work better in small cal rifles and pistols but work as well as the 2F in your game rifle. Kinda the best of both worlds.