Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Kodiak?

Old 09-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CVA Kodiak?

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

where in the TC manual does it say transferable? lol... Its a LIMITED LIFETIME warranty, same as cva. And CVA treats their customers very well! They sent me a newrifle as an replacementfor my old 1980's cva blazer when a gun smith screwed up my breech plug. And wheres all the talk about the 3 pellet accuracy of the omega/ encore?
http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat20815&id=0033459215869a&navCount=2& podId=0033459&parentId=cat20815&masterpath id=&navAction=push&catalogCode=XG&rid= &parentType=index&indexId=cat20815&has JS=true
CVA(BPI) has days when they treat customer complaints very well. You caught them on a good day.

All parts on T/C guns are lifetime. Not lifetime for the original owner -- but lifetime for the entire gun. Wherever the gun goes -- the warranty continues.

Read paragraph3 of Randy Wakeman's review about their transferable warranty.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/thompson_omega_Z-5.htm

Now read paragraph 4 after scrolling down to the elite MLs discussion.,,, beyond the mid-level CVAs.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/rating_muzzleloading_manufacturers.htm

Here's the part about T/C's lifetime warranty

http://www.tcarms.com/tc_html/TC_FAQ01.htm#3

Keep Your Powder Dry Folks
. . . . . . . Joe [/i]

Old 09-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

Whats the difference between nickel and stainless steel? Is it worth paying $70 more for the SS?
Old 09-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Kodiak and love it. I am only shooting 45grns of BM3 and I don't remember the projectial but it hits the target just fine at 25yds. They are also easy to clean. I am getting ready to work up a hunting load for it so the powder and projectial will probably change. I say it is worth the money.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kodiakemt414

I have a Kodiak and love it. I am only shooting 45grns of BM3 and I don't remember the projectial but it hits the target just fine at 25yds. They are also easy to clean. I am getting ready to work up a hunting load for it so the powder and projectial will probably change. I say it is worth the money.
Yes... they are very serviceable MLs. I am not knocking them here. I own a CVA myself.

This thread is now partially engaged inproduct brandattack mode. So slam all the guns you want without me here.

I'm outa'here. Anymore questions from the newbies here can be answered by personal-messaging me. I will be glad to help.

. . . . . . . Joe [/i]

Old 09-25-2006, 09:47 PM

You get more toys buying the "loaded" Kodiak versus a "stripped' Omega.But what you don't get is a full lifetime, owner transferable warrranty T/C offers.

You get a full lifetime warranty so long as you are the Original purchaser. If they offered a transferable warranty, they'd advertise it and it would be on the website. I dont see anything. And i dont see full lifetime warranty, what i read is, A Limited Lifetime warranty.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

You get more toys buying the "loaded" Kodiak versus a "stripped' Omega.But what you don't get is a full lifetime, owner transferable warrranty T/C offers.

You get a full lifetime warranty so long as you are the Original purchaser. If they offered a transferable warranty, they'd advertise it and it would be on the website. I dont see anything. And i dont see full lifetime warranty, what i read is, A Limited Lifetime warranty.
How"misinformed" are you Gander???????

You don''t get it do you?????

There's no reason for T/C Inc to say it - when it already exists inside their lifetime warranty. If you don;t believe me, call T/C Inc and hear it from the horse's mouth.

LIFETIME means transferable -- unless stated otherwise. Sounds pretty simple to me.

See Ya on the next thread. Next time thou.... either do your homework first by calling T/C - so mixups like this doesn't occur.

[size=2]
. . . . . . . Joe [/i]

Old 09-25-2006, 10:21 PM

"3: Does Thompson/Center Arms really have a lifetime warranty?
Yes, our limited lifetime warranty covers the product through the lifetime of the original purchaser, except in the case of obvious abuse or neglect.

Again, it offers a LIMITED LIFETIME warranty that covers the product of the ORIGINAL purchaser. It does not mention that it covers a second owner of the rifle. And since when does "limited lifetime" mean its transferable? You can say LIFETIME all you want but you are over looking the word LIMITED
Your words were "LIFETIME means transferable" Since when? It states that their products come with a LIMITED LIFETIME Warranty Of the Original purchaser. Does not state anywhere that it covers the second, third and so on owners. Hell the pistol i bought from cabelas has a limited lifetime warranty, they sent me a new hammer when the 3 week old pistols original went bad, they sent me a new pistol when the pin that holds the shaft that the drum spins on fell out. They sent me a new pistol again when the 2nd pistol kept jamming and locking up, they sent me a 4th pistol and that was a bigger piece of crap, finally they gave up and refunded my money thankfully. But the word LIFETIME does not mean transferable. You buy a used car that has only 5,000 miles, you dont get a factory warranty, you get what the car dealer ship offers. Limited lifetime warranty for the original owner only. And i notice you wont use the word limited, why not? are you over looking the part that says, "limited" lifetime warrantyto the original purchaser? Oh maybe i get it, the original buyer gets a limited lifetime warranty and the second owner gets a full lifetime warranty no questions asked?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

You seem to believe what you want ... so believe what you read if you want!

Do you really think inline guru Randy Wakeman is intentionally lying in his two T/C ML reviews????

. . . . . . . Joe [/i]

Old 09-25-2006, 11:06 PM

do you think i care what randy wakeman says? i read his review about the winchester x150 and wasnt very impressed. If randy took a crap in a bottle and gave a limited lifetime guarantethat itstays fresh and full of flavor you'd probably believe it. But face it, TC says the its a limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. And im sure TC never checks the customers if they are the original owner, i know cva didnt, they just said, sorry about that, its fixed, hope you enjoy it.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

All that is-is wording protection to allow T/C Inc the right to deny claims to dealers and gunsmiths who apply for hundreds of claims.

For the everyday-Joe who owns a couple of T/C MLs & is not in a buy & sell program.... those words do not apply.

Will T/C Inc admit something like that in a phone conversation -- No. But all you need to do is ask the T/C owners who are eligible for warranty work for the entire lifetime of their ML. They will tell you T/C fixes or replaces parts free... even 20 years later.

The best part of T/C's warranty is replacing parts that are not broke - but only wore-out. Go ahead & shoot those Omegas one hundred thousand times & wear-out that barrel. T/C will replace it free.

Will they tell you that by phone?.... I seriously doubt it.

Try that with CVA. Try getting any part free for that CVA in 20 years. What you will hear is -- Limited Warranty - Claim Denied!

[size=2]
. . . . . . . Joe [/i]

Quick Reply: CVA Kodiak?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.