Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Scope Recticle Prefference??? >

Scope Recticle Prefference???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Scope Recticle Prefference???

Old 07-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Scope Recticle Prefference???

ORIGINAL: kkeiser

OK, great info Cayuqad.. Would it be worth the extra $20 to go with the Nikon 3-9 x 40 on Natchez??

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=NK6 312BR

Thanks
There is nothing wrong with Bushnell products. I really like my Bushnell scope. I also like Nikon, Sightron, and Millet. All of them for a reasonable price, a person can get a good working scope. I always disliked spending more for a scope then I did on the rifle.

I'm not sure what the eye relief is on that scope. Also you have to be careful of the over all length of the scope because it might effect how it will mount on your rifle. I think a 3-4x40 is a nice scope. About all the scope a person would ever need.

There are some other sites that carry the Nikon's and Bushnell's for a very reasonable price. If at all possible I would personally go with a factory new .. but that is just me. I really do not think there is anything wrong with a refurbished scope.

That Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32 was being sold for around $119.00 but I forget where. That is a real nice scope. And 7x is plenty of powder for the range work I doand the 2X is nice for walking in the woods.