Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 GOT IT!!  T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER >

GOT IT!! T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

GOT IT!! T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER

Old 06-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default GOT IT!! T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER

GOT MY NEW T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER WITH THE CAMO THUMBHOLE STOCK AND STAINLESS BARREL ,,
FIRST I HAVE SEEN IN THUMBHOLE ON THE NEW ENCORES, I LOVE IT SO NICE TO SHOULDER AND THE RECOIL IS NOTICEABLE LESS, ALTHO THE GUN STILL JUMPS WHEN SHOT THE RECOIL IS NOT HALF AS BAD AS MY OMEGA
.. \
WELL JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT WITH YOU GUYS, AND SAY THIS IS ONE SWEET GUN
GOING TO GET A SCOPE ON IT SOON
I ONLY PAID 759.00 BEFORE TAXES , HOW DOES THAT COMPARE TO WERE YOU ARE??? I GOT IT IN VA
Old 06-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: GOT IT!! T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER

That sounds like a great rifle and a great deal... At least where I am at, they are much more then that...

I will be looking forward to your experiences with it on the range and what loads they like. They sure are a nice looking rifle. Congratulations..
Old 07-01-2006, 12:24 AM

Definitely sounds like you got a very good deal on your gun. Encore muzzleloaders here in the Northwest Ohio area run about $550-$700. I have not seen a Prohunter at any of our sporting good stores yet. What kind of optics are you thinking of putting on that fine gun? I have a Zeiss Conquest 3X9 on my Encore and I cannot say enough about it. Keep us posted!
Old 07-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

We just got them in this past Wed here at Gander Mtn.. they are selling for $800 for the black syth w/ the flex tech stock... and $985 for the camothumbhole [:@].

Congrats on the new gun.. let us know how it shoots.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:25 AM

Congrats, I have an Encore Stainless synthetic and I love it. I hope your wallet isn't too traumatized. Have fun shooting
Old 07-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

How well does that quick release breech plug work? I think that is the coolest part of the new Encores and I wonder if they will work on old models.

I would love to put one on mine.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

I ONLY PAID 759.00 BEFORE TAXES
Nice rifle, but manmuzzleloaders are getting expensive. I've got centerfire rifles that didn't cost that much.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pittsburghunter, no - the new plugs can't possibly work on the old barrels but you could buy a Pro Hunter barrel which should come with the plug.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the heads up UC. If that is the case than I guess I will just go without. I love the barrel I have now and I also doubt they will sell a blued one as well and my receiver is blue and my stocks walnut.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Pittsburghunter

Thanks for the heads up UC. If that is the case than I guess I will just go without. I love the barrel I have now and I also doubt they will sell a blued one as well and my receiver is blue and my stocks walnut.
I priced the Pro Hunter barrels and at $400 i'll keep the one i have which is a shooter anyhow. Can't imagine the PH barrel shooting any better and it's not that hard removing the breech plug. If i was spending another $400 it would be on another White.

Quick Reply: GOT IT!! T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.