Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Loading ??????????????????? >

Loading ???????????????????

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Loading ???????????????????

Old 06-22-2006, 03:20 PM

Default RE: Loading ???????????????????

Tripple sevens hand cleaner is great, I use Go-Jo, the kind without punis (grit). It's a great patch lube and also an extremely good BPbore & gun cleaner. For those that shoot cap n ball revolers, just put some on a tooth brush and it cuts the crud out of the hammer chanel and other tight areas. It has lanolyn in it that leaves a light coat that inhibits rust for the short term. I ussually follow up with a light coat of bore butter also applied with a tooth brush and my revolvers stay rust free without alot of fuss.

Doug
Old 06-22-2006, 10:44 PM

much obliged guy's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im taking notes

early
Old 06-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Liquid Lube - Moose Milk[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
8 ounces of isopropyl alcohol
3 ounces of Castor Oil
4 ounces of Witch Hazel
16 ounces of tap water
1 ounce of Murphy’s Oil Soap

(make sure you mix the ingredients in the exact order they are listed)

I buy a yard of material of 100% cotton blue strip pillow tick at the local Wal mart. I wash that in the washing machine. I then line dry the material. After that you can tear the strip real easy off that bolt of material. I like to tear off an inch and a half. Then you soak that strip in moose milk. Ring the excess moose milk out. Then I lay that on an old window screen in the sun and let it dry. This is a dry patch . If you like a more wet patch, you can spritz them with a spritzer bottle.

This is what I use for a patch lube. In the winter I shoot them dry. In the summer I spritz them and shoot them wet. If you want them more slippery, add a little more Castor Oil.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's no grit with the Permatex blue Hand Cleaner. It's the mildest one on the market & it keeps the bore relatively clean with it's detergency added.

You can also do around 50 extra & keep them for several months without re-application.