Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Shooting the Ultra Mag >

Shooting the Ultra Mag

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shooting the Ultra Mag

Old 05-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Shooting the Ultra Mag

Nothing earth shattering to report but I did get to get outside this morning, ran out to the rock pit @ Little Boulder. My goals today were to sight in the new Bushnell Trophy 3x9x40 on my makeshift A&H bases. The last trip out I only shot Speer 250 grain Gold Dots. Today I wanted to shoot Hornady 10mm 200 grain XTP's.

I sighted the gun in with some 250 grain Hornady XTP's. I really did a good job bore sighting so it did not take to long to get it sighted in. I shot one 100 yard target made a very small elevation and windage adjustment - checked it all again with another 3 shots - then it was fun time.

I was shooting 110 grains of T7-2f - 10mm 200 grain XTP - blue MMP sabots - Remington 209-4 primers. I really do not like shooting in this particular rock pit because of the mess that other shooters have left behind, but it was my best option this morning. There was some wind but I tried to ignore it. I started shooting moveable targets (rocks) from 75 yards to 132 yards. I really am amazed at what this White will do. It will shoot those big lead blocks that some are fond of all the way down to these small 40 cal bullets. The gun is just deadly accurate, and those 200 grain bullets @ 2200 feet per second are really fun to shoot.

Hope everybody got out to get some shooting in today.

Old 05-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Shooting the Ultra Mag

It sounds like you have a great shooting rifle that you really enjoy. I did not get a chance to shoot today as I was still working in the woods hauling out firewood. I finally switched to splitting, then the wood splitter broke down, so I called it quits for the day. By then it was too late to shoot...
Old 05-06-2006, 07:43 PM

Glad ya got some shooting in today! I was resting
up, put in about 60hrs. this week. I told them they
had hurt the old man. Didn't seem to matter to them
!!!! I think it has rained here every night for about
two weeks. Where I normally shoot has about 12" of
standing water. It's 8:45 here and raining again.[]
How do you like the way the XTP'S shoot in the
new ML? Sounds like if you can stuff-em it will
shoot-em. Hopeall iswell, keep us posted.
Danny

Old 05-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

AQUATECH

Danny loading this White is a dream - in fact you have to move to a thicker sabot. Them MMP 50/40 blue sabot slides down like a dream... This idea that the load has to be really tight is not right...

This is an amazing gun...