Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Ultra mag with a Millet Scope >

Ultra mag with a Millet Scope

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ultra mag with a Millet Scope

Old 04-14-2006, 07:22 AM

Default RE: Ultra mag with a Millet Scope

Cayugad, does the Weaver quick releases come in a taller ring. That might get you over the top of the rear sight, just a thought. I did that on my Encore and it worked great.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes it does, but I do not think it would get me ove the sight. I am planted at the base of the rear sight. I'd have a long way to climb with going from a medium to a taller sight. I think I am just going to have to pull the rear sight or change out scopes. It gives me a reason to scope my Knight Disc Rifle I guess. Get the Nikon for the White and pull the sights from the Knight and throw the Millet on that..
Old 04-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Prostaff would be a better choice for that rifle. Besides giving you more forward room for sliding,it has slightly more eye relief than the Millet also.

I can't get over how clear the glass is on my Prostaff. I'm not sure there is a clearer view scope in the $120 range. Although my Sightron SI has more "toys/options" in the same price range, the Prostaff is slightly clearer to look out.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Removing the rear sight can sometimes get rid of the little fuzzy area at the bottom of the scope as well as give you more movement. Three years ago I needed to do it with the upgrade on my Savage 110. I felt real bad about it the rifle had been stock since I was 18 (many moons ago) but after shooting it just once without the sights "ghosting" in the scope I knew I did the right thing.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Dominant Buck

WellI have a couple of irons in the fire now, as we speak. If this does not work, I am going to get the Pro Staff and mount that on the White and put the Millet on my Knight Disc rifle..

I agree that removing the rear sight is not all that bad a thing.. Even taking the front site off. On my other rifles, on the low settings, I can see the front sites..
Old 04-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Off-topic

I still cannot believe Remington shipped me 250 of those targets - exactlylike you posted in this thread - for only $6.

What's up with that? I wish they would play Santa Claus more often
Old 04-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Underclocked told me about those targets and at first I figured there had to be a catch. But I ordered them anyway. When they arrived for like you, $5.95 I was very pleased....
Old 04-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife has ordered some now.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Dominant Buck

does she shoot as much as you?
Old 04-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cayuqad, when I built my last Hawken I put the scope on first and mounted the rear sight in front of it, it looks a bit different but works just fine. I really don't understand why some people think iron sights are for short range only. Lee

Quick Reply: Ultra mag with a Millet Scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.