Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

PA. Gun Laws

Old 04-13-2006, 10:35 AM

Default PA. Gun Laws

I asked this question on one of the regional forums and didn't get much of a response, so I thought I'd try here. I will be traveling around Pennsyvania early next week and saw alot of good deals some of you were getting at walmart. Walmarts in New Jersey don't sell guns or black powder like they do in other areas. Are There any requirements for a non-resident to purchase a gun in PA. Specifcally a muzzleloader?

Thanks

Ron
Old 04-13-2006, 01:00 PM

Default RE: PA. Gun Laws

Are There any requirements for a non-resident to purchase a gun in PA. Specifcally a muzzleloader?

I am a resident on N Y S but I do hunt PA.during the big game season and just last season did purchase a 45-70 H@R BUFFALO CLASSIC from D@R SPORTS CENTER over in naticoke pa.I had no problems at all I would think all is needed is a driver lic: and I think for black powder m/l you may or may not be required to fill out a 4473 forum,they may do a quick back ground check IF THE FORUM IS NEEDED ,which I know is done when purchasing a center fire rifle.otherwise I don't see any problems,but I read somewere new jersey may have there own regulations on black powder rifles.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:07 PM

Thanks,
Thats what I figured and was hoping to hear.
Thanks for the help.

Ron
Old 04-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife got me an Omega for Christmas. We were in Walmart when I saw it on sale for $169. I told my wife, " I know what you can get me for Christmas" She bought it right over the counter, No paper work, No drivers license check, nothing. Just paid the money. They did carry it to the exit door and handed it to us outside, though.

I doubt you will find a deal on a muzzleloader now. All the Walmarts are sold out of all muzzleloader stuff in my area. SW PA. You may get lucky, though.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

no problem .pistols are one area you have to fill out paperwork in pa.wal-mart is going to stop selling guns.i heard it on tv today.gun prices are going thru roof. pistol prices are going up. foreign guns like beratta are unreal. my shotgun was 750 on sale little over 1 year ago. now, at gander mtn same gun is on sale for 1,099.can you believe this. i just ordered 2 browning buckmark plus 22 cal pstols. they were 299 last year ,now,339. i see 369 by years end, if you can get one. its getting crazy.