Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Blackjackhill

Old 03-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Spike

Default Blackjackhill

I would like to know if any of you have had any problems with your orders from blackjackhill?

I have heard alot of good reports about there conicals and bought a good suppley about6 weeks ago.

I am getting a little concerned since Ihave been told 3 times that they will be shipped Monday and the Mondays keep coming and going.

I have been patient because I thought they had a big back log,but now I just don't know.

Old 03-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Blackjackhill

I heard their business took off a lot faster then they ever dreamed it would and they are indeed back logged. Send Bill another e-mail and explain your concerns... I have done a lot of business with Bill & Judy and my last order from them took three times the normal delivery time. I am not trying to justify his lack of shippment. If he promised shippment then he should have delivered...
Old 03-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Email or private-message poster Underclocked here.

He will provide you with alternative sources for heavy conicals.

Screw Black Jack Hill if theycannot answer your concerns honestly. Just cancel the very obvious backorder there & tell themwhenever they snooze - they will lose bullet sales from you!

There are too many ML fish in the bullet-making sea. Just move-on & buy from another source. Could be a blessing-in-disguise!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Spike

T7,
You spoke from my mind.I did receive a reply today after I emailed the 4th time.I was told the order was shipped first thing this A.M.
This will end up being a useless order because I will not buy there again.
And the conicals (when I receive) will be shot up soon.And then I guess I will just start over.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Sam I can't blame you. As much as I have used Black Jack Hill's products, I also refuse to do business with a company that strings me along. Whether they are busy or not, the least they could have done was to be up front with you for a time frame when you placed the order. Perhaps they need to hire more employees or something. I am sure you will like the product, but it is a shame it took so long and ruined the experience with a possible supplier.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sorry to hear about problems with BJH. I had been planning on ordering some .69 RBs and minies to try in my shotgun. Where else can I get .69 minies or conicals?
Old 03-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Spike

I think I will buy a box of the Buffalo Ball-etts 310 gr. and try those.
I have always shot the RB,but just wanted to try the conicals.
I bought the supplies to make my own lube,Bees wax,Castor oil and even felt and a wad cutter,my last purchase to this great experiment was the 380 R.E.A.L. from BJH.
I think I just learn a lesson.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Dominant Buck

you have a .54 caliber.. excellent!! As for the 310 grain ball-ets, does this rifle have a 1-48 twist? What model rifle are you shooting?
Old 04-01-2006, 06:17 AM

I never had any problem with BJH hate to read a bad review
Old 04-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Spike

Cayugad, I have a T/C Hawken .54 -1:48 with williams fiber optic sights.
I had to put the williams sights on last year due to these eyes anin't young anymore. they really helped in low lite.

I made the gun from a kit back in 1980, if I remember right, I paid about $115.00 at the gun shop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.