Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega Comb Lift

Old 03-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Omega Comb Lift

Well, I got the product I ordered from Brownells and installed it on the comb early this week. It really does provide the lift I need to get on the scope. It is very comfortable and does add to the recoil reduction in that my chin is solidly on the stock now. It is suppose to be a "space age foam" with great durability, not suppose to absorb water - nor freeze. We'll see? I cleaned the stock with alcohol let everything dry well removed the adhesive paper back and applied it to the comb. I really didn't think it would stick that well, especially where it bends over the comb tightly - it stuck and conformed well - it has been 4 days since I applied it and it still is really tight... with weather - we will see...

Old 03-22-2006, 08:48 PM

Default RE: Omega Comb Lift

Looks nice hope it works for you. Some things you
see advertised look really great, until you get them
home. And then they look like a hand with three
thumbs. I bet it works at the range too.
Good shooting take care. Danny
Old 03-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't look bad at all!
Old 03-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

It really feels good also,I have a lot more stock control (for a lack of a better term) when it comes to recoil. Provides a real steady picture through the scope also.

For me to feel comfortable on the stock I need to have pressure with my cheek bone on the stock.

It does not seem as durable as a piece of leather, but do not tend to beat up the stock so I am hoping it last well in the weather of an Idaho hunting season.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Boy that is a nice looking. That sure is a nice looking rifle you have there sabotloader. That laminated stock and stainless barrel is sharp. Do you think that would fit on the Renegade too. I might like that..
Old 03-23-2006, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks to me like you only need that hammer spur now . Looks very nice indeed.

Al
Old 03-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

alleyyooper

You're reading my mind - ordered it from RMC Tuesday - it isin the mail
Old 03-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I think you might like the Simms recoil pad also. I have one on my Omega and the reduction in felt recoil is almost hard to believe until you try it.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

MLKeith

Thanks for the suggestion, I have thought about it, but really the recoil does not bother me at all, I normally shoot a 300 win mag. What did bother me was the lack of control of the recoil when shooting off bags when I am not holding the forearm...

mike
Old 03-23-2006, 03:39 PM

Mike - I have used these for years on various centerfire rifles. They work great. Really help with the solid cheekweld. Only words of caution is that if you install them in cold temps, they will not stay stuck to the stock very well. And if you get any solvent, like Shooters' Choice or Butch's, on them it will try to eat up the closed cell foam.

Quick Reply: Omega Comb Lift

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.