Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 walmart and triple 777 >

walmart and triple 777

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

walmart and triple 777

Old 01-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: walmart and triple 777

mines also out of BP and everything prettymuch......buti found a Remington 6 in 1 parka today at mine...normally 100 bucks...onsale for 40....ahh them are nice but.......ahhh i dont need it i want a bow....got home...man i am sick of freezing when i hunt in the winter.....that coat was NICE......went back to grab one....tried a large on...man are they NICE heavy coats..and alot of nice features....but they are short and tight fitting.....i am short....kinda thick..but not huge and id definently need a XL......called all the walmarts within 20miles of here......and 3 or 4 on the way and around college........none to be found......i am BUMMED....Ebay had a BUNCH.....but only one XL for like 85+ bucks...ohhhhhh well.....dont know where the BP goods went......i think they went on sale in october here!!! their hunting gear is slowly dying off all around here i think.....and what they do get in goes QUICK
Old 01-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Our Walmart here in Logan Utah has been out of all B.Powder stuff for about 2 months now. They willbring it back in July or August and start lowering the prices again in November after Muzzleloader season for Elk has ended. Not all the Walmarts have B.P stuff but all the supper stores in our areathat I called did. When they lower the prices you can get two Muzzleloaders for the less than the price of one. My sons CVA Optima was $78.00 and goes for $230.00 + and Jason my other sons T.C.Omega is going fore $313.00at Cabelas and we got it for $109.00 at Walmart.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I took a little ride to the next city east of us taking the wife out for supper[our walmart here sold out its muzzle loading stuff a month ago].
I hoped for a stainless Omega on sale no luck there; but I got a bunch of Shock Waves and I noticed they had 777 and pryodex on sale for $5 to bad I don't use them any more. Lee
Old 01-23-2006, 07:51 AM

I understand what you are saying about the crud ring and 777. For what it is worth, I think as you use it and shoot your barrel more, the problem either goes away or becomes less severe. When I first got my Encore and shot 777 pellets, the ring was pretty tuff. After several months, I moved to loose powder and the problem seemed to be much less severe (I also went from two 50 grain pellets to 110 grains of loose ffg, a lot hotter load). Over time, and lots of shots at game and practice, the crud ring has pretty much become nothing more than an area that is just a bit more dirty than the rest.
I don't know if the pellets make the problem worse, or just by "seasoning" my barrel, the problem has lessened. But, Ido like 777, mainly for the extra 15% more energy. I have heard that Blag Mag 3 is supposed to do nicely, maybe I'll give it a try. But as long as I can pick up 9$ a lb 777 at walmart after every season, It'll take a good deal to get me to try BM3.
R
Hank
Old 01-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about Wal-Mart but that photo you have there sure brings out the feeling down deep that I want to move to Utah. It is gorgeous. I don't think my wife would ever stand for it though but still? Retirement in 4 years ya never know. Thanks for sharing the beauty. MIke
Old 01-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fellows I tried out my new Omega today with 250 Shock Waves and APP I shot every 10 gr. from 100 to 150 my smallest group was 3/4 inch my biggest was 1.2 inch.Since I lapped the barrel and changed powder I am very happy with my 160 dollar purchase. Shot the 200gr. Shock Waves too they ran from .75 inch to 1.00 inch. Lee
Old 01-23-2006, 07:24 PM

You guys are lucky, the walmarts in my area stopped carring guns and supplies. But there is a dicks near by and a cabelas is open soon in ct , which will be 45min away.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Spike

Cherish the end of season moments at WalMart and take advantage of their prices. WalMart here also had 777 for $9 but the Omega's never reached $169. Mostof the ML's are back into their inventory at regular price now. I did manage to get a few good deals on bullets andaccessories.

The real deal for me was their hunting clothing.40% - 70% off Mossy Oak Brandclothing. Got lucky and found a few nice items buried deep into the racks of the WalMart regular brand clothes. Clerk was surprised Ifound them andtold me theyorginally receivedonly a very limited stock of theMossy Oak brand items because ofthe much higher price. I sure didn't mind!

UtahRob.......that issome real beautiful country in your pic!!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Mike Hill and Encore50.

We just moved here in Sept. from sacramento ca.
Its so cool having big game like Elk ,Mule Deer and Moose so close.
We can see them with my spotting scope from our back yard. Here is a photo Of a nice Mule deer Buck and a few does. Hyde Park Utah is in the background.
Take Care-
Rob

Old 01-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

We Also have some of the Best sunsets here I have seen. Nature Photography is also a passion of mine .

Quick Reply: walmart and triple 777

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.