Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 walmart and triple 777 >

walmart and triple 777

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

walmart and triple 777

Old 01-13-2006, 04:33 AM

Default walmart and triple 777

Went threw the m/l section yesterday at walmart,seem the only thing left was triple 777 at $9.00 bucks a pound.I tried the triple 777 some time back ,seem the t/c thunderhawk like 80 grains of the stuff,O what the hell
I bought another pound of the stuff.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: walmart and triple 777

At $9.00 a pound I would have bought more then a pound of the stuff.... I used to shoot a lot of Triple Se7en then got on a Goex kick, from there I went to a Pinnacle spree, and now am actually shooting Pyrodex because of the deal I got on that. I suppose when I get my Black Mag3 I will be changing shirts again. Although it is nice to have all the different powders. I really enjoy checking was a bullet and rifle will do with different powders and different weights...

Have fun shooting it off.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

I hit the jackpot at Wal Mart the other day, T/C Omega $160!!! I already have one, but I bought it anyway. 1lb of Pyrodex for $8 and some T/C shockwaves for $5!!! Anyone that doesn't have access to a WalMart I would be happy to buy it and ship it to you (after you pay me of course).

It was the last Omega, but plenty of sabots and powder left. Also some cheap .45 cal pellets, $12 for a box if I remember correctly.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't want another omega I'll take that one off your hands. I missed out on that same deal 2 months ago, someone put it on hold and the jerk showed up and bought it. I was next on the list if he didn't show up.

PM me if you are interested in selling it.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:47 AM

Same at my wal mart 777 is $9 and RS is $5 piced up a few yesterday. Now I just need a deal on a Omega. I guess Ill have to wait till next year.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

$9/Pound for 777 is exceptional pricing. I would have cleared the entire shelf.

I justaquired8 pounds of 777 FFG from a private party a few days ago. (I prefer and have several pounds of 777 3FG, butI will dust off my 777 FFG loading data ).

Truth be known, the8 pounds of 777 FFG I just aquired was given to me from a close personal friend whos wife ordered the wrong powder (she orderd the 777 instead of Hodgdon H4831smokeless)for him for Christmas and cannot return it so he gave it to me.

But I could not accept it for free and offered a 1.75 Litre bottle of Crown Royal last night, which was warmly accepted and opened to offer me a drink.

Tahquamenon
Old 01-13-2006, 02:31 PM

I use goex in all my flinters 3f and work up a nice load in the t/c thunderhawk 54 cal.using 90 grains of goex 3f and 375 grain SSB buffalo bullet.I had a good load with the triple 777 powder but to me recoil is sharp a lot sharper then pyrodex select or black powder.I reached loads up to 115 grains of pyrodex select and a 240 grain hornady xtp but limited my triple 777 to maybe 85 grains due to recoil.Hey if it don't work out I could always try it in my 45-70 H@R Buffalo Classic 1871.
Walmart has some super deals but like anything else right place at the right time.I spoke with a guy from PA. in the early m/l season and he said they were selling off t/c PA hunter flinter for $99.00 bucks ,now that a super deal
Old 01-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

I visited the Walmart a little late, and missed out on the 777 deal. They did have an Omega for $169, and I took it down to buy it, seemed like a such a deal and I've read good things about them. But - I was disappointed at the way it felt & balanced. So I took down the CVA Buckhorn, and it felt much better. I've got a CVA Staghorn - I've taken six deer with it over last four years, including a beautiful 8-pointer this last season - and the Buckhorn seems to be a much-improved version. Much better stock, recoil pad, and safety. It's now got a metal rod, with keeper welded to barrel. Barrel/breech is different. The old gun is a little worn and rusty, and at only $74 bucks I couldn't resist a new one, and bought the Buckhorn. While there I picked up some cleaning stuff, and four pounds of Pyrodex RS. After using 777 these last three years, I feel like I'm taking a step back... but $5/pound beats the heck out of $25/pound.

If the Buckhorn shoots as well as the Staghorn, I'm going to be pleased. I'll post results after a trip to the range next weekend.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Hello From Utah !!!
My boys and I are new to muzzleloading and we just moved here from CRAZY California . Thanks for all the great info here.
Our Walmart lowered the prices like crazy after the muzzleloaderhuntsended . We gota T.C. Omega for $109.00 and a C.V.A. Optima [nickle] for $78.00 . It seems crazy to give it away just before Christmas.

Take Care and God Bless-
Rob

Old 01-21-2006, 10:26 PM

I checked the local Walmarts around me and they had ZERO for black powder goodies! They dont carry anything thats worthwhile for that matter in the sporting goods dept. around here! Three hours north I have been in a Walmart that had a ton of stuff in the sporting goods.

Quick Reply: walmart and triple 777

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.