Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Traditions Pursuit >

Traditions Pursuit

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions Pursuit

Old 12-19-2005, 01:06 PM
CD
Spike

Default Traditions Pursuit

I was thinking about getting my daughter one of these.Anyone have any experiance with them. I had a traditions deerhunter years ago that was a nice little gun. Thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 05:53 PM

Default RE: Traditions Pursuit

i have a traditions Pursuit LT .50 cal it is the first one for me really like the gun. Took a nice doe with it this season my first deer with a ml.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:19 PM

I hunt with one just like you were talking about and they still are grea little guns,and mine shoots great. vangunsmith
Old 12-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

I really like the Pursuit Pro as the balance is better in my view than the LT. The Pro version is an excellent shooter.

Perhaps the LT version would be better for a youth or for a young lady as it is less heavy.

The only issue I have is the Pursuit triggers are typically very heavy.

Traditions will for a $40 fee lower the trigger pull to 4 pounds. Which wouldbe worth it in my view. I've seen pursuit pro's with triggersas high asnine pounds which is horrible.

Or you could void the warranty have a competent gunsmith lower the trigger to 3-4 pounds.

Tahquamenon
Old 12-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Spike

I have a Pursuit LT in Mossy Oak Break-up with nickel barrel. Just bought it a few weeks ago.It was on sale at Wal-Mart. It shoots real accurate and hard. However,mine is malfunctioning. The action pops open everytime I shoot it and I'm getting an excessive amount of fouling (or blowback) in the receiver area with every shot. That kind of tells me it's not sealing exactly like it's supposed to. I talked to Traditions the other day and I'm sending mine backfor repairs after the holidays. The LT would indeed be an excellent youth or ladies gun though. The Pursuit Pro is a muchbetter gun in my opinion because it has a steel receiver. The LT modelhas an alloy receiver.The Pro is2 lbs heavier and 2 inches longer and has steel sights.The trigger on mine is ok but could be better. That's my two cents worth on the Pursuit LT and Pro. Good Hunting...