Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 how does a barrel liner work? >

how does a barrel liner work?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

how does a barrel liner work?

Old 12-14-2005, 09:52 PM

Default how does a barrel liner work?

i recently stumbled across some barrel liner material in trackofthewolf.com and i was wondering if anyone ever used it or who can even install it and how it is installed? i also wondered how hard it is to get a barrel rebored into a larger caliber if the walls would allow it. any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
James
Old 12-15-2005, 08:44 AM

Default RE: how does a barrel liner work?

These are pretty commonly used for refurbishing shot out .22 rifles. You ream the barrel out to about 5/16", using extensions on the reamer -and then glue in the liner. Chamber and headspace. I don't recall ever seeing liners in any of my gunsmithing catalogs formuzzleloaders, though.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:52 AM

thanks for your input, i didn't think that barrel liners existed either but it does and it is at www.trackofthewolf.com under gun parts i think.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:24 PM

Not sure what a barrel liner is but I found this guy in Arizona through a web page search. He is going to be boring out a gun for me here real soon. I looked up online some local gun shops for his area and they all said he was one of the best in the area. He is going to charge me 56bucks to do it. I live in ohio and was trying to find someone to do it but nobody in my area code says they have the equipment but they all can do choke tubes, and the local machine shops dont want to work on guns. He doesn't have a web page but his number is 928-722-4060 it is called classic barrel works and his name is Danny Peterson.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:01 PM

$56 is a real good deal - particularly if he is including the cost of the liner. This is a $100 job for a .22 rifle.