Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

KIK powder

Old 11-17-2005, 11:59 AM

Default KIK powder

Yesterday i mentioned a friend of mine gave me 25 lbs of black powder but I have to go an pick it up. Well, the 25 lbs turned out to be 16 ilb but still moe than a surprise. The other surprise is that instead of being Goex it is KTK. I know this is distributed by Goex cause it says so on can but has anyone used this as I am not knowing this brand.? He also gave me 900 Kleanbore primers to boot. I feel like I feel into ---- if ya know what I mean. Hoping someone has used this befor. Oh yea, itis 2 f not 3f
Eddy
Old 11-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: KIK powder

I've never shot KIK powder. I've heard of it. As for it being 2f grade, there is nothing wrong with that. They suggest the 2f for .50 caliber and larger. It will work just fine.

You might find that it fowls bad, but a simple swab with any kind of cleaner will take that right out of the barrel for you. Just make sure that you run a couple dry patches after a wet patch or two. I sure wish I had a friend that had that much black powder that he did not want.. some people have all the luck I guess.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

I've also heard of KIK but have never shot any.

Great gift though! 16 pounds of powder and 900 primers? Wow! 2FG should work just fine.

Please let us know howtheKIK Powdershoots.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:19 PM

The story behind the powder is this. He shoots alot of skeet an trap at the sportsman club so after ordering a case of powder for shotgu8n, the police here in town took all his trash cans.garbadge .ect one night about 9.00. This was after the case of powder came. His wife got super paranode and made him get rid of it. I .being a close friend.got the best part of the deal. (he knows he can borrow it back. That's how it happened
Eddy
Thanks