Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Remington Kleenbore Primers >

Remington Kleenbore Primers

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington Kleenbore Primers

Old 11-15-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Remington Kleenbore Primers

Changed to these from a CCI 209. The cleanup is wonderful; however, using the same charge of powder, my groups went from 1.5" to over 4". Also, at the range, I had 2 of these misfire. The cleanup is nice -- but no thanks.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Remington Kleenbore Primers

are you shooting pellets or loose powder?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

That's interesting. I use the Remington Kleenbore and haven't had a problem, but admittedly have only shot 20 or so rounds thus far through a new Omega.

I didn't realilze until reading here that some primers are hotter than others. Someone suggested that the Winchester primers are the hottest.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:09 PM

i got a box of these just to see if they were anybetter than what i was using. I shot one of the rem's with no load,took a good look at the fouling,cleaned it then put one of the cci in without a load .Both had the same amount of fouling and the rem sounded like a dud. you can have mine if you want them, just dig through the garbage at the pontotoc co.dump.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: mouthcaller

That's interesting. I use the Remington Kleenbore and haven't had a problem, but admittedly have only shot 20 or so rounds thus far through a new Omega.

I didn't realilze until reading here that some primers are hotter than others. Someone suggested that the Winchester primers are the hottest.
Winchester W209 primers are actually a good primer in my rifle. Winchester WML209 are junk. There are hotter primers out there. They were brought out I think to combat the new Remington Kleenbore Primers. They come in a nice package and claim to be made for muzzle loaders. Well technically any 209 primer is made for muzzleloaders. I used the WML in my Black Diamond XR and it blew the nipple apart. I suspect these are nothing more then standard shotgun primers. I have been shooting the Kleenbore Primers in my Knight Disc, and Black Diamond and have had no problems with ignition. But I shoot loose powder and normally Goex on top of that. That was way I wondered if the people that are having problems with the Kleenbore Primers are shooting Pellets which might be harder to ignite then loose powder.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:45 PM

I've got about 30-40 shots with the new Kleenbores. I got to say they tightened up my groups and I have less fouling in the barrel. Before with the winchester 209's for shot gun primer I had 4-6" groups at 100 yds. I dropped down to 2" groups with just changing the primer. I was going to try the 25 acp's but the Rem works. I shoot 100 gr. 777 pellets with a 250 shockwave. I felt comfertable to shoot milk jugs at 200 yds. Aimed at the top and over 6" for wind and watch them explode... now that was fun!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iv herd there great and now from this post i dont know what to think. Ill find out tho if i ever get to shoot my muzzleloader. I have the primers and pellets. Had this thing for about 2 or 3 years now and never shot it lol.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

i have been shooting Remington 209-4 (410) shotshell primers for several years now. They have never failed me in any weather. I am shooting t7-2f loose powder so I can not speak to Pellet Powder - I can see where they might be a little more difficult to ignite.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:12 PM

I shoot 90g T-7 loose ffg. When my groups opened up, I thought I might play around with the powder charge and find the magic number, but when the misfires occurred, I went back to what works. You know I gotta play around......it keeps me sane.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Roseaukaine

I am shooting 100 grains of loose 260/300 grain bullets in Nosler or MMP HPH-24 sabots - from a 26" barrel - I really believe I am getting total ignition of all the powder - using a hotter primer would insure total ignition. Shooting across a chrono seems to indicate things are working... Changing to the cooler Kleenbores might show an end result of less velocity form the barrel especially in a 24" barrel.

Just thinking out loud...

Quick Reply: Remington Kleenbore Primers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.