HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington Kleenbore Primers
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Remington Kleenbore Primers

ORIGINAL: mouthcaller

That's interesting. I use the Remington Kleenbore and haven't had a problem, but admittedly have only shot 20 or so rounds thus far through a new Omega.

I didn't realilze until reading here that some primers are hotter than others. Someone suggested that the Winchester primers are the hottest.
Winchester W209 primers are actually a good primer in my rifle. Winchester WML209 are junk. There are hotter primers out there. They were brought out I think to combat the new Remington Kleenbore Primers. They come in a nice package and claim to be made for muzzle loaders. Well technically any 209 primer is made for muzzleloaders. I used the WML in my Black Diamond XR and it blew the nipple apart. I suspect these are nothing more then standard shotgun primers. I have been shooting the Kleenbore Primers in my Knight Disc, and Black Diamond and have had no problems with ignition. But I shoot loose powder and normally Goex on top of that. That was way I wondered if the people that are having problems with the Kleenbore Primers are shooting Pellets which might be harder to ignite then loose powder.