Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Financial crisis, just tell me no! >

Financial crisis, just tell me no!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Financial crisis, just tell me no!

Old 11-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Financial crisis, just tell me no!

I really have to stay out of the stores, it's too tempting.

Saturday my wife asked me to pick up some things from Wally world and, of course, I happened to walk by the sporting goods dept. At this paticular store, sitting there with a closeout price of $35 is a CVA Bobcat 50. I already have 2 Bobcats (50 & 54) for the kids, but I could always use a parts gun OR I could give it to my wife. While contemplating her reaction I noticed a longer than usual ML in the case. I spun the little rotation wheel and there stood a Lyman GPH priced at $344. Now I've been considering getting a GPR/GPH, possibly in kit form, for a while and this is the best price I've ever seen on a completed Lyman GP anything. I decided it was time to walk away before I got myself in trouble.

Sunday, I was again at Wally world, different store, seems our microwave decided to die so we were shopping for a new one. And again I made the mistake of walking by the sporting goods dept.,dumb idea.There calling my name was a TCOmega blk/blu 50 for $169, I must be dreaming, it was cheaper than the Black Diamond sitting next to it. On top of all that, all the ML accessories, powder, bullets, everything was on clearence for half off. I knew I needed to turn and run.

I did end up getting some of the powder (777 $15), bullets (200&250 SW's $5), and a few accessories (all totaled about $90), but,in the back of my mind I can't stop thinking about those rifles. Hmmm, maybe I could use layaway.

My problem is that I leave this next weekend for almost 3 weeks to visit family and try to get in a week of whitetail hunting.We will be driving 2500+ miles on the trip, the fuel alone is going to eat up my budget. Please, someone tell me no, I can't have them, walk away and avoid the wifes wrath, forget I ever saw them. HELP!

Boy, I REALLY need to stay out of WalMart this week.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Financial crisis, just tell me no!

ORIGINAL: dmurphy317

I really have to stay out of the stores, it's too tempting.

Saturday my wife asked me to pick up some things from Wally world and, of course, I happened to walk by the sporting goods dept. At this paticular store, sitting there with a closeout price of $35 is a CVA Bobcat 50. I already have 2 Bobcats (50 & 54) for the kids, but I could always use a parts gun OR I could give it to my wife. While contemplating her reaction I noticed a longer than usual ML in the case. I spun the little rotation wheel and there stood a Lyman GPH priced at $344. Now I've been considering getting a GPR/GPH, possibly in kit form, for a while and this is the best price I've ever seen on a completed Lyman GP anything. I decided it was time to walk away before I got myself in trouble.

Sunday, I was again at Wally world, different store, seems our microwave decided to die so we were shopping for a new one. And again I made the mistake of walking by the sporting goods dept.,dumb idea.There calling my name was a TCOmega blk/blu 50 for $169, I must be dreaming, it was cheaper than the Black Diamond sitting next to it. On top of all that, all the ML accessories, powder, bullets, everything was on clearence for half off. I knew I needed to turn and run.

I did end up getting some of the powder (777 $15), bullets (200&250 SW's $5), and a few accessories (all totaled about $90), but,in the back of my mind I can't stop thinking about those rifles. Hmmm, maybe I could use layaway.

My problem is that I leave this next weekend for almost 3 weeks to visit family and try to get in a week of whitetail hunting.We will be driving 2500+ miles on the trip, the fuel alone is going to eat up my budget. Please, someone tell me no, I can't have them, walk away and avoid the wifes wrath, forget I ever saw them. HELP!

Boy, I REALLY need to stay out of WalMart this week.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:24 AM

DAMN a black on black TC Omega (Z5 models) for $169? Fellas we pay $239 for them through our buying group. Someone is loosing their shirt on that deal. I would take an ass whoppin for that deal. My wife could just get happy in the same pants she got pissed in for all I care. THE best BP gun on the market for less than most POC CVAs sell for?

That's a no brainer!!!
RA

ps
You could always save the money by leaving her home while you travel across the country for your family hunt. Her meals alone would pay for the Omega!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Dominant Buck

TCG8922
Thompson Center Omega 50 Cal. Rifle, 28" Round Barrel, 209 Primer Ignition, Blued with Black Composite Stock
Old 11-07-2005, 11:26 AM

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission.

Just go buy all of them!!!!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Dominant Buck

.... I'd of come home with the Omega, and the Bobcat. And when your talking clearane on muzzleloading supplies .. that my favorite subject. I would have dropped a bundle. I never let the threats or actionsof the others stop me from having what I want.

Besides, scars heal and chicks dig 'em. Just use my old trick. When they smack you in the head for your spending spree.. just cross your eyes, drool out of your mouth real bad, and start shaking like a leaf. You'll scare them so bad that when you finally come out of it... they'll be so relieved they forget all about the sporting goods purchase..
Old 11-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

.... I'd of come home with the Omega, and the Bobcat. And when your talking clearane on muzzleloading supplies .. that my favorite subject. I would have dropped a bundle. I never let the threats or actionsof the others stop me from having what I want.

Besides, scars heal and chicks dig 'em. Just use my old trick. When they smack you in the head for your spending spree.. just cross your eyes, drool out of your mouth real bad, and start shaking like a leaf. You'll scare them so bad that when you finally come out of it... they'll be so relieved they forget all about the sporting goods purchase..

Old 11-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep... same as Cayugad. I would of brought the Bobcat & Omega home.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:52 PM

Was this the Walmart in Sante Fe? Our local Wally World doesn't carry much MZ stuff - and the deal on that Omegais bordering on unbelievable. My daughter is always looking for an excuse to go to Sante Fe . . . . Could be a road trip in our future.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:01 PM

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

Quick Reply: Financial crisis, just tell me no!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.