Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Will the world end? >

Will the world end?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Will the world end?

Old 08-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default Will the world end?

If we talk about modern muzzleloaders here?

On another site I visit people get so up tight about modern guns they caused enough flame wars that the moderator got rid of the modern sections. What next no discussions about percussion guns there?

I love shooting all kinds of m/l's and think they all have a place in this big wilderness called the USA. Some of the flinters just want to bann the inlines outright instead of trying to add more time for a season devoted to them. A position I find at odds with the 2nd amendment crowds I hang out with.

It is a private site and the owner did what he thought was right but I would have just banned the A-holes causing the problems, not get rid of the whole thing with most everyone that used the forum showing respect for everyone and having fun.

None of use are elites. All of our poop stinks we should get along.

The funny part about it is the people who instgated the problems won? How does that work?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Will the world end?

I personally would not get concerned over the other forum owner's actions. That site, as the owner, are traditional at heart. He did what he felt best for his website. So the inline shooters from there can gather here and discuss all the things we feel necessary to inline shooting. We can also discuss the traditional muzzleloading aspects here as well and actually do not need the other site at all, when you get right down to it.

There are a lot of informed people here who's opinions and observations (you included) that I greatly respect. So instead of worrying about someone else's actions, lets move on and enjoy this site. It is a great site with a great bunch of people...
Old 08-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Very true my friend I hope the others you and I talked with find their way over to this site because I will miss their company and insight. I hope I find out where Plains99 moves to because his reviews of new rifles was great. No sales hype just his opinion of how he felt about various guns he tested.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree.. Plains99 has some excellent insight to new rifles coming onto the market and also projectiles to try. As I said, there is a wealth of information headed from that site hopefully here.. I guess we will just have to wait.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:28 PM

Good to see a couple of familiar names - just registered here after searching for a new forum that includes discussion/questions/advice/help, etc. on inlines. Gave my thanks to those on another forum who had helped me, a brand new BP shooter, with some quesions, before the inline area of that forum ceased to exist. Hoping to find the same help and patience from those here!!

Randy H
Winnipeg, MB
Canada
Old 08-11-2005, 08:52 PM

I was rather burned with the whole thing myself. I shoot an inline and only an inline. I would even buy a traditional ML if the price was right. I just don't want to be considered an elitist. I mainly shoot archery, and I shoot compound. We have the elite thinking crowd in archery with the traditioal archers etc, etc,...I even have a recurve that I've been tinkering with. I'll take it hunting next year and put my compound up until I get a deer with a recurve. I don't even want to go back to that site anymore. Oh well.

Paul
Old 08-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: randyh

Good to see a couple of familiar names - just registered here after searching for a new forum that includes discussion/questions/advice/help, etc. on inlines. Gave my thanks to those on another forum who had helped me, a brand new BP shooter, with some quesions, before the inline area of that forum ceased to exist. Hoping to find the same help and patience from those here!!

Randy H
Winnipeg, MB
Canada
Welcome to the forum Randy.. you will find a great bunch of people here with a lot of excellent information. Anything we can help you with, you just ask away. Inlines are more then welcome as a center of conversation..
Old 08-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: newhunter35

I was rather burned with the whole thing myself. I shoot an inline and only an inline. I would even buy a traditional ML if the price was right. I just don't want to be considered an elitist. I mainly shoot archery, and I shoot compound. We have the elite thinking crowd in archery with the traditioal archers etc, etc,...I even have a recurve that I've been tinkering with. I'll take it hunting next year and put my compound up until I get a deer with a recurve. I don't even want to go back to that site anymore. Oh well.

Paul
Well I shoot everything I can get my hands on. Flintlocks, cap locks, inlines, black powder revolvers.. bows, you name it and I have a range for it... I started my bow hunting believe it or not with a straight stick bow of #39 pound draw weight and cedar arrows with bear big blade broadheads. Then I have been climbing the technology chain ever since....
Old 08-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

I started shooting a bow with my dads longbow he made in 4H in the early 40's. It finally gave out and I started shooting a Bear recurve. I don't shoot bow anymore but one day may shoot again. The problem was I discovered rifles....
Old 08-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the board all of you, I shoot a hawken capper .50 cal and of all the comments here I take offence to only one...... That my poop stinks! I wipe with rose petals and everything..... saaaay you have'nt been talking to my wife have you?[:@]

Quick Reply: Will the world end?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.