Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Hmmm, tsk, tsk! (Regarding The Alaskan Bear Hunt!) >

Hmmm, tsk, tsk! (Regarding The Alaskan Bear Hunt!)

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hmmm, tsk, tsk! (Regarding The Alaskan Bear Hunt!)

Old 04-12-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Hmmm, tsk, tsk! (Regarding The Alaskan Bear Hunt!)

Interesting difference between HuntingNet.com and AccurateReloading!

SpyroAndes offers a great priced Alaskan Black Bear hunt cancellation with a short fuse and with "guns on the water" in Alaska IN 10 DAYS which means this thing needs ACTION NOW from a big game hunter (i.e. this forum) --- and the darned thread gets shipped to the trash can classifieds (when you compare the quality of the opportunity to what else is in there), never to be seen or heard from again.

Hardly a just service to the membership IMHO (assuming they are interested in doing some exotic remote/away from home hunting).

SpyroAndes, you were smart to put it over at A/R in the Big Game section. I see you are already getting some posts about it (and in a short time too). I've even seen booking agents advertise North American Cancellations in the African Hunting Forum since that is where the folks with the flexible schedules and some real money are to be found! (usually introduced with a disclaimer of "off topic" or "Alaskan Cancellation Opportunity, Etc.) And yes, they have their own "Classified Section" over there but not for urgent stuff that involves QUICK ACTION AND ACTUALLY GOING HUNTING instead of just talking about it!

If I was "you guys" I'd put the darn thing back over "here" where someone might actually get some use out of it --- not like this forum is cranking that much traffic and then delete this thread.

IMHO, the interpretation of "rules" requires a bit of common sense, kinda akin to some of the "zero tolerance" (drugs and violence) stories coming out of our schools regarding student suspensions for Tylenol and nail clippers with manicure blades.

That thread was the most interesting thing on Page One, especially the way it was starting to "flesh out".

How about a swap. That one for this one?
Old 04-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hmmm, tsk, tsk!

You know, at first, I thought that thread really didn't belong over here either, but you make some very good points. There are TONS of ads that get put over in classifieds that will just bury that thread, and few people will read it. A shame, I know I would jump on a deal like that if there were funds available, but had it been put in the classifieds, I would have never seen it in the first place. I second that it be brought back over here, where it will actually get read, it has a lot more merit than most in the classifieds section, this was an EMERGENCY type basis, not just people wanting to find business they didn't already have!!

I applaud you EKM for always speaking your mind. It seems people like you are part of a dying breed!
Old 04-13-2005, 02:30 AM

ORIGINAL: charlie brown

You know, at first, I thought that thread really didn't belong over here either, but you make some very good points. There are TONS of ads that get put over in classifieds that will just bury that thread, and few people will read it. A shame, I know I would jump on a deal like that if there were funds available, but had it been put in the classifieds, I would have never seen it in the first place. I second that it be brought back over here, where it will actually get read, it has a lot more merit than most in the classifieds section, this was an EMERGENCY type basis, not just people wanting to find business they didn't already have!!

I applaud you EKM for always speaking your mind. It seems people like you are part of a dying breed!
Honestly, I am really trying to fill these spots because the four people that cancelled are essentially family.

They found out on Sunday that their 74 yr old mother/grandmother was terminal and given 4 weeks.

They have already paid the deposits and, in all reality, will be liable for the balance of their hunt.

They are already out $8,000 by cancelling... I'd hate to see them have to spend another $8,000 just so they can be along their mother's/grandmother's side when she passes.

That is why I have been frantically trying to fill these spots...

SA
Old 04-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you guys. This sounds like a good deal and should get the proper attention. I think that consideration should be given for what is in the best interest of the hunters on this forum, not just making sure posts are "categorized" properly.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

While I also agree, many sites require advertisers pay for the add or place it in a special forum. This sounds like a very good and enjoyable way to go on a Black bear hunt. I have about everything booked for this year that I can afford but its a great oppertunity. Some of you younger guys should consider this. I have been on many Black Bear hunts in Sask. They were baited tree stand type hunts for the most part although we could also take a boat and hunt a couple of rivers and the main lake shore. One day while we were just fishing, one of the biggest Black bears that I have seen came down to the lake not 50 yards from the boat. An outstanding and very blond bear. NO RIFLE. I dicided not to try him with my fillet knife. We saw a lot of moose along the shore line in the back bays of which there are many. Its about a 90,000 acre lake
Old 04-13-2005, 08:56 PM

Default RE: Hmmm, tsk, tsk! (Regarding The Alaskan Bear Hunt!)

Well, I couldn't take it any longer. I contacted SpyroAndes and told him myself and a friend will accompany him on this trip. I first saw it on the biggame section and if I didn't see it here I would have never seen it. I don't go into the classified section very often. I agree with the "ELKampmaster" the post should have never been dropped from this forum. I'm sure my wife is going to love it when I tell her I'm going to Alaska in ten days! I already have a Montana Elk hunt coming up in October. Oh well, ya only go around once. I can't think of anything else I'd rather go in debt for!!

John
Old 04-14-2005, 05:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pace Maker. Best of luck on your hunt. I have done a lot of Black Bear hunting. I love it.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:04 AM

Guys,

Lets not give the admin here to much grief... I am thankful that it stayed on the Big Game Board as long as it did. Most boards would have deleted it and not asked questions (like the bowhunting board).

Anyway, I can't wait to goto Alaska with John and Rob. They seem like two great guys and ANYBODY that would drop everything to goto Alaska on less than 10 days notice... Well that is my kind of people!

May you always hear the "thwaaaap",

Spyro
Old 04-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wish I could have gone,just wasn't ment to be,glad you got the spots filled.

Nice bear pic's also Spyro,he looked like a pig.Have fun guys,good luck.
BBJ