Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Looking for trophy sheep hunters >

Looking for trophy sheep hunters

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Looking for trophy sheep hunters

Old 01-02-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Looking for trophy sheep hunters

I am searching for trophy sheep hunters to talk with on a variety of subjects such as areas and trophies taken. I've been hunting sheep all over British Columbia for Stone and Bighorns for the past 13 years and only have one bighorn from the Kootenay area that scores 197 and change. I live for sheep hunting but also hunt elk,deer,grizzly,moose,caribou and goats. I usually start hunting in northern b.c. for sheep and caribou in August and come home to hunt elk and sheep near Fernie wich is just north of montana by 40 minutes and west of Alberta by 40 minutes. I've bow hunted for mulies in Alberta also.I had two draws in B.C. one for elk and one for sheep near Banf. I shot a decent elk but was unsuccesful for the ram. It was in Mnt Assinaboine park that I went for the sheep but a huge forest fire there that year burnt a third of the park and pushed the sheep into Alberta.
A lot of nice rams where taken around home this year with three rough scoring between 190 to 196. I work at a huge open pit mine on a mountain and up there we have about 70 sheep with about 30 rams so everyday I get to see some monster rams up close. If your interested in Sheep hunting send me an E-mail at [email protected].
Old 01-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for trophy sheep hunters

Bighorn I like to hunt sheep,have yet draw a tag here from montana.I put in for the Missiouri River Breaks.I went this year with a freind of mine he hunted quite a bit we saw lots of sheep and some decent rams the one he shot scored 193.I seen another one that was shot this year that scored 196 and I have heard of 1 that scored over 200 out of there a few years back.
There are some good sheep over on the divide also north of Augusta.