Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Summer hunts????????? HELP! >

Summer hunts????????? HELP!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Summer hunts????????? HELP!

Old 03-04-2002, 11:09 PM

Default Summer hunts????????? HELP!

My best friend and I are trying to figure out something to do to make this comming up summer THE BEST EVER. We realize that after this summer, our lives could go seperate paths and we want to make this summer something that we will remember for the rest of our lives. Well, let me get to my question

Is their any place that you can go in North America where you can hunt a big game species during the summer. We would like to hunt pretty much any big game species, but we would really love Rocky Mountain Elk hunts, Canadian Whitetail hunts, Canadian Mule Deer hunts, or pretty much anything that would be a blast. I don't know if their are hunting seasons between june and august. If you have any information I would appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
"Hunting is not a sport, it is a passion, it is a WAY OF LIFE"
Old 03-05-2002, 12:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summer hunts????????? HELP!

how about a cheap caribou hunt the end of july..it opens the beginning of july I dont however like going up that early.....bugs, heat...and soft antler tips! More so the bugs and the temps though really keep me from going. Fly to fairbanks, drive up the haul road, bowhunting of course (btw you'll need a IBEP OR NBEF card or its equivilant...basically a state sponsered archery course). Hunt for one or go out side the corridor and hunt for 2 caribou...see some AWESOME country...gold mines, sheep, muskox, moose, bears both brown and blacks, caribou, wolves....the potential is all there!
Old 03-05-2002, 01:42 AM
Spike

try hog hunting,most states don't have hunting season on them as long as they are on private land, i hunt them year around hear but june, july aug the skeeters and sand gnats eat you alive
Old 03-05-2002, 02:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

TRY ONE OF THOSE BARE HAND CATCH HOG HUNTS.THEY CHASE THEM WITH DOGS AND THEN YOU GRAB THE HOGS WITH YOUR BARE HANDS AND TIE THEM UP.THATS A BLAST,SOMETHING YOU WILL NEVER FORGET
Old 03-05-2002, 06:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-05-2002, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta go with Lilhunter on this one. Get in your car, drive to Alaska and hunt the haul road for caribou in July-August. It would be one heck of a road trip, you would be able to visit Alaska, minus the airfare, but lots of gas money! Sleep in tents, eat cheap food, kill one or two caribou each.

E-Mail if you're interested.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:31 PM

Thanks everyone, I will talk it over with my friend and see what he thinks. Hey Artic we were already discussing going to Alaska to do some salmon fishing, how much would a non resident hunting and non resident fishing liscence cost?

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
"Hunting is not a sport, it is a passion, it is a WAY OF LIFE"
Old 03-06-2002, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Non-res hunting is $85 and bou tags are $325 each. I don't know exactly what the non-res fishing licenses run, probably around $30-$50. King tag is an extra $10 or $20. You can find some reasonable halibut/salmon charters out of Valdez, Seward and Homer for $150 to $300 per day.
Old 03-06-2002, 03:00 AM

Wyoming has a muzzleloader/pistol hunt for antelope starting Aug 20th in area 107 (south pass area)

If your interested better hurry the applications have to be in Cheyenne by March 15th
Old 03-07-2002, 09:53 AM

a season fishing license is 100.00 for non resident. but you can get a 14 day for 50.00. grayling fishing will be pretty hot in late spring early summer too so bring a fly rod. caribou sounds great for early summer hunting and the spring black bear will be a good adventure too if you wanted.a black bear tag is 225.00. lamar.