Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Tents........cooking and heating ??? from a novice >

Tents........cooking and heating ??? from a novice

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Tents........cooking and heating ??? from a novice

Old 09-16-2004, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tents........cooking and heating ??? from a novice

We didn't have a flue the last year, only windows and a storm door for ventilation.
But we have made improvements this time around.

CB, I sure do like the look of your camp!!! We added a canvans one similiar to yours to our camp this year and anxious to see it setup somewhere besides our back yard!!!

We are less than 3 weeks away from departure!!! If anyone sees some rigs traveling across TX, NM and into Co resembling the Joad's or the Clampett's.....give us a honk!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: RedRiverHntr
Okay. pics I have are bitmaps and don't seem to want to jump on this page. Will try again later.
RRH -

You should be able to open those pictures in MS Paint and go to File | Save As and at the bottom there is a 'Save as Type' drop down box, change that to JPEG and save the file. This will not over-write your existing file, it will create a new file that you can then post on here.

BTW, I suggest MS Paint since it is a simple program and 99.999% of people who have a Windows computer will have it. There are many other programs that will do this, but I think this is the easiest for this.

Good Luck!
Matt
Old 09-16-2004, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I set up at least two tents. One tent we sleep in with a wood stove for heat. I have never used propane in a sleep tent. We leave two windows open for a cross breeze.
The second tent is are cook tent. We cook in it over a large propane stove top. We also heat this tent with a wood stove. We always leave the doors open in the cook tent.