Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Black Bear Partner needed. >

Black Bear Partner needed.

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Black Bear Partner needed.

Old 09-10-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Black Bear Partner needed.

Okay I have posted this MANY times so far here are a few things...

(Nothing personal but this will be in the Nantahala National Forest, 600 square miles of some of the most ruigged terrain in the Appalachian mountains, there are only 3 towns above 200 population in the entire area so read the rules first.)

First off, if you leave a message that you are interested and will show up, then SHOW UP.

Second, you WILL need a tent and ALL gear that you think you will need for a week out in the middle (No joke) of no where.

IE: If you fall and break your leg, you can expect a walk probably no less then 10 miles to ANY road whatsoever. There are no helicopter rescues or anything of that sort it is too thick and terrain to mountainous. BE PREPARED.

3rd, since you can't ride 4 wheelers in here (Its so damn thick) be ready to hump it in, have a good backpack and be ready to walk with good boots that you just didnt buy the week before.

4th I don't roadhunt, meaning, there will be thousands of people there, but on average most of the 99% of the weekend rambos are within 1 mile of the road. I plan on being no where near any of them.

5th. BRING TOILET PAPER.

6th Leave the wife at HOME, we don't need yours, Im doing this to get away from mine.

7th. If you DO shoot a bear, chances are, you will be either capiing it or sawing the head off, unless you really dig trying to drag a 600 lb bear through 10 miles of some of the worst overgrown woods on the East coast.

Some facts about Nantahala.

More hunteres get lost in these woods then in Maine.
More people have DISSAPEARED FOREVER in these woods then in Maine.
These are very THICK woods, the shade canopy is 100% meaning, you will be in the shade the entire time you are there.
Years ago when the FBI was looking for the Olympic Bomber from Atlanta Georgia , he hid in Nantahala for over 3 years. The FBI could NOT find him, thats how thick this is.

Start time will be Oct17th we will meet by the park and plan out a good attack.
Oct 18th will mostly be walking through the woods.
Oct19th - Whenever we feel like leaving will be spent hunting Black Bear, there will be NO deer hunters, either archery or rifle, just you, me, alot of bugs, and one pissed off 600 pound bear.

If you are 100% interested and can gaurantee that you can go, then send me an email asap [email protected]

What you MUST have:

NC Hunting License
National Forest Hunting Permit (I can help you get that)
Strong back, strong legs.

If you wiegh 300 lbs, have smokers cough, have asthma, have a peg leg, then this is 100% NOT a trip for you.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:25 AM

Default RE: Black Bear Partner needed.

Bump
Old 09-16-2004, 08:31 AM

cmon guys whats up
Old 09-17-2004, 08:24 AM

My idea of a partner for a black bear hunt is one who runs slower than I do. Sounds like fun, but around here, if you wan't a bear, you drive an hour tops, sit down, have a coffee and shoot one when the stroll by. That simple. If you know anyone who owns land, they can shoot them year round as a nuisance animal. And there are alot of them around.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:24 AM
Typical Buck

i don't want to sound negtive but i was taught that when you kill something you bring it out and use it not saw the head off or cape it and bears killed in wnc are pretty good to eat things may be different now but i have been hunting 40+ years