Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Are the bear moving in MB. yet ? >

Are the bear moving in MB. yet ?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Are the bear moving in MB. yet ?

Old 04-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are the bear moving in MB. yet ?

They have been having a late Spring and my outfitter said he had no activity around his baits yet. I'm getting a little concerned as my hunt is coming up soon. Especially interested in the area around Ashern
Old 04-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are the bear moving in MB. yet ?

When are you going? Don't be alarmed bear activity at this time of year is typically slow around baits, also been windy lately and that ain't no good either. In a week or so things will improve and continue to do so as may wears on. Last spring no action at our baits, next week we were cleaned out and the following week we saw 17 bears at 4 stands..it happens just like that. Hopefully you have a few weeks yet as by mid may things are usually good by then at most bear locations. I always say the best bet to harvest a good bear is his first time into your bait[8D]!!!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are the bear moving in MB. yet ?

I don't do any bear hunting but I can tell you we’ve been having a very cold spring so far. There’s talk of maybe snow tonight. Be patient and as skeeter said if the weather gets better the bears will on the prowl.