Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

moving in

Old 05-13-2003, 10:26 AM

Default moving in

How long does it normally take for another gobbler to move in and obtain dominance once the dominant tom has been taken out of that area?
Old 05-13-2003, 01:22 PM

Default RE: moving in

My hunting buddy and i were wondering the same thing since he had taken a nice tom about a week ago. It was quiet for a few days (about a week I guess). He was driving by the spot where he had taken his bird and WHOA! -there was another tom in the same area. I am guessing but I think if there is a good population of birds in your area--it won' t be long before another one comes in. I guess also that if the hens haven' t subjected to much disturbance they won' t go far either. After all, it' s the hens that bring the toms in anyway.

Old 05-13-2003, 03:38 PM

Default RE: moving in

I`ve seen other gobblers move in the same day. If there`s lots of hens around then there`ll be a couple of other birds just waiting for the oppurtunity.