Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

? for the wolf haters

Old 04-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default ? for the wolf haters

I keep reading posts that talk about the wolf not being in city folks back yard. So I got a question for all of ya.

How do you feel about these animals since none of them are likley to be in your back yard?

Siberian Tiger
Bengal tiger
African lion
Leopard
Florida panther
Clouded leopard
Cheetah
Snow leopard

Should we kill off all of these animals right along with the wolf? After all they do compete with humans for meat and some do attack and kill humans.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ? for the wolf haters

Bigbulls,

My answer is absolutely not. We should maintain any wildlifes chances for existance. I personally have no desire to even take a wolf or any of the animals you listed above I don't know call me crazy but the desire is not there.

I just don't think individual states can go reintroducing animals into a state where it's fully capable of managing their wildlife such as deer or elk without the conflicts of reintroducing wolves or any such animal where they are bound to have major problems. Wolves is not our problem its the anti-hunters and the lazy road hunters that can't fill their tag and meet the DOW quota for the year. Anti's would love to see the hunters out of the woods and the wolves being the equalizer in the elk management tool. What the state needs to get some balls and tell these uneducated anti's that we are going to take elk out of the park and manage the herd the best way we can in today's modern society. Without the wolves. Wolves exist just fine in other areas and states without Colorado for one getting in the mix. All I'm saying really is we can't lose our hunting rights to the anti-hunters and this is one major step for them at least in Colorado. When the wolves come and they will I'll remember the three S rule. Shoot Shovel and Silence.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:42 AM
DM

bigbulls,

Doesn't the countries that have those animials have the SAME problem with them, that we do with the wolves ect..?????????????? That is, some want them all over, and some don't!! I think if you take the time to look into it, all those animials are shot off, or removed from populated area's in there own countries too. Am i right on that????

No, i don't want to see tham all killed off, BUT, i don't think they need to be spread all over every inch of the earth either!!!!!!!!

Drilling Man
Old 04-23-2004, 12:03 PM

I haven't seen anybody advocate killing off all the wolves.

We did not want them in Idaho, they forced them on us and gee what a big surprise they are causing the same problems now that they did way back which caused them to be killed out of this territory.

If they wanted to keep 100 wolves in Idaho which is what they said there would be there would not be a problem. But with the population the way it is now, well over 400, the wolves are almost everywhere in the state. Causing problems on all the big game winter ranges. And yes, scaring rural folks into keeping their kids indoors because the wolves are coming right into their back yards.

Now they are talking about delisting them so they can be shot, via hunting and also in control measures. Dozens of problems causing wolves have already been killed by the government agencies here in Idaho.
I will be very surprised if there was ever a big game season opened on them however.

They have created a whole new generation of wolf haters, people who otherwise had nothing against the wolf.

I would really like to see what bigbulls has to say in about 10 years after the wolves have been in his state for 5 or 6 years decimating their big game herds and causing the problems they are causing in Idaho.
Also wonder how he feel about having to change his name to nobulls.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

bigbulls lets say we go over and get us some of them animals from other countrys. Hey lets turn them lose give them free run eat what they want who they want and then protect them from any harm. Just funning You are noble in your cause I would say that 99.9% of us dont want them gone of this earth but there is a problem your right its not the wolf . Elk were in trouble once too but mainly because of habitat and over hunting but we have finely found the balance elk hunting is preaty good now. there is a delicate line there where does the wolf fit in ? I guess were going to find out good or bad.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

............you're right its not the wolf . Elk were in trouble once too but mainly because of habitat and over hunting but we have finely found the balance elk hunting is preaty good now. there is a delicate line there where does the wolf fit in ? I guess were going to find out good or bad.
That's exactly my point. The wolf should be here in the lower 48. The problem lies with the people rinning the show. They haven't got a clue as to what that balance is or should be. And as a result of this ignorance all of the animals will suffer.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:41 AM
jjt

i would not choose to kill any animal to extinction

which puts me in a moral delema

do i allow them here. I dont want them here. but i want them somewhere. but this makes me a hypocryte i dont want them in my back yard but i do want them in someone elses.

as for the animals you listed yes i would like a sustainable population fo them but that is not my decision to make it should be up to the countries/people that have to deal with them