Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

School essay need help..

Old 04-20-2004, 04:57 PM

Default School essay need help..

I am in 9th grade and I am writting a persuasive speech in which I have to read alloud to the class. The topic I have picked is Why We Need Hunting. As part of the assignment I have to have several resources and proven results from wildlife biologists. I just wanted to know if anyone knows of any websites where I can find this information. I know why we need hunting, but I have to have good resources. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..
Old 04-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: School essay need help..

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us
Old 04-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

You should contact your division of wildlife, or fish and game, or what ever it is called in your state. Tell them what you need the information for and they would be able to give you more information than you could possibly use in a single report. I imagine that they would more than happy to promote the hunting sport to young kids.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great ideal Bigbulls. Bobby
Old 04-21-2004, 10:53 AM

http://wildlife.state.co.us/
This web site should help!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Spike

I think its important to translate to the non hunters, that it is actually biologists that study the game and habitat. Their findings is where the number of harvestable animals come from. This tells people that there is actual science that goes into hunting. Also, rather than use the word "kill" try replacing it with "harvest". This sounds less like a savage way of taking animals than the word kill would sound. Good luck! Hope you ACE it.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all ignore the creep: invinoalind. He is a troll trying to sell stuff. Do not click on any of his links.

Second, a good thing to mention in your report would be something about the North american model of wildlife consevation:

http://joomla.wildlife.org/index.php...tent&task=view

This is kind of an overview of the doctorine, but you can find other sources.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not trying to be a hardacre but the original author posted this in 2004. The kid is prolly grown up and working at a Game and Fish department now. The last guy who responded before you was in 2012 which is still 8 years ago. Just saying.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by davesmithwrites
We need hunting for entertainment and food, obviously
Telling an audience that includes none hunters that we hunt for entertainment is about the best way I can think of to turn them off and lose them. In addition, while those of us who hunt consider game animals an important part of our diet, the vast majority of hunters do not to need to hunt for food anymore. The best thing to do is discuss overpopulations of game and inform the audience that over populations lead to starvation and disease, particularly from the central part of our country east. Culling numbers of both small and big game maintains the health of the various species. If the young man is from PA he can get a wealth of information to help him by writing to or calling the Bureau of Wildlife Management at the PA Game Commission State Headquarters in Harrisburg.