Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Argument essay need some help >

Argument essay need some help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Argument essay need some help

Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Argument essay need some help

I am preparing to do a argument essay for college English. I plan well I have planned from the beginning to do it on hunt like i have done with all essays since class started. Luckily my teachers husband is a hunter and she took this subject alot better then i though she would. . i guest i always try to push the touchy issues.

This needs to be a argument essay so i will need to start facts and give information from different sources. Can any of you give me the best resources for the facts that help hunting a a sport. I want to do hunting as it will be easier for me plus i want to do some good for the sport so i do not want to junk the essay.

Sadly i will also need to show cause for the other side so any thing you know have to show against hunting that is not total crazy so i can seem fair and balance. [:@]I know kind of a hard task but i need your help.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Argument essay need some help

I recently did a paper for my 201 eng. class and i was going to do hunting, but decided that there were more credible resources found on the issue of gun violence and gun rights. There were TONS of issues and articles/books about it, and it made for a pretty easy 8 page paper to write...

Derek
Old 04-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any resources you care to share i have no proplem with doing gun rights think it would be a easier subject.
ORIGINAL: drockw

I recently did a paper for my 201 eng. class and i was going to do hunting, but decided that there were more credible resources found on the issue of gun violence and gun rights. There were TONS of issues and articles/books about it, and it made for a pretty easy 8 page paper to write...

Derek
Old 04-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Typical Buck

I would rather have the kids talking about shooting animals THEN PEOPLE.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

hunting is too broad of a topic...narrow it down a bit...for example if you are trying to argue the impacts that hunting has on an ecosystem; keeping it in balance and such. Or hunting and today's youth, what kind of influences would taking a child hunting do? I'm sure you could find and cite many sources on such topics, maybe take some personal testimonies from different organizations that do such things.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:35 AM

How many pages is it required to be? Unless it is more than 5 I would suggest narrowing it down a bit. I wrote 8 pages just on feral hog hunting so I can't imagine being able to cover the entire subject of hunting. I would suggest limiting it to one species such as deer, feral hogs, ect. Deer are easy for a pro you could mention deer/car collisions and money lost due to this ect. I can give you a website that shows the pros and cons of subjects if you want you can pm me.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am going to ask it does not say how many pages it will need to be it is wrth 200 points which is twice any other paper we have done so wh knows
ORIGINAL: IADeerHunter16

How many pages is it required to be? Unless it is more than 5 I would suggest narrowing it down a bit. I wrote 8 pages just on feral hog hunting so I can't imagine being able to cover the entire subject of hunting. I would suggest limiting it to one species such as deer, feral hogs, ect. Deer are easy for a pro you could mention deer/car collisions and money lost due to this ect. I can give you a website that shows the pros and cons of subjects if you want you can pm me.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Read about Ducks unlimited, National Wild Turkey Federation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Izaak Walton League of America, Quail Unlimited, Ruffed Grouse Society, etc...

Read how they work to improve wildlife habitat. Their members are made up mostly of hunters.

Read how much money is spent by these groups to improve habitat.

Write about the sales of state by state hunting license and how a portion of that money goes for habitat improvement.

Talk about how the smaller sportsmen's clubs and rod and gun clubs across America and what they do for wildlife.

Write these words in your paper " When it all adds up, nobobypays more or gives more,for the benefit of wildlife, than a hunter, nobody."

If it weren't for hunters, who would fund wildlife habitat improvement.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like Davyrock said "narrow it down", it's easier to sound educated when you stick to just one aspect of hunting versus shotgunning the subject. Windtalker is spot on with his suggestions for points to cover. Since your posting an English essay question on the bowhunting thread I can assume that your passion is with bowhunting. Maybe you can use bowhunting as a topic, and rather than oppose hunting on the argument side you could oppose the few hunters who give the rest of us a bad rap by nottakingthe time to tune their equipment properly or practice enough to make ethical, clean kills.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

No english major here but I'd say if your trying to put a positive face on hunters, use your own. Just be yourself, your very likeable.

Quick Reply: Argument essay need some help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.